GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

This option is in the online "Build and Price" but it is under #7 Accessories under the "performance" tab.  It's kind of confusing since the other "GM performance" options like Cold air intake, and performance exhaust, are selectable in the regular "packages" section of the builder, but the lift kit doesn't appear there, that I can see. 

On 8/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Ford F150's have Always sit higher than GM trucks as of late.

So there must be plenty of lower IQ people out there, considering the F150 has been America's best selling truck.... oh since the Dawn of Time!  LOL

The T1's are taller than the K2s. Especially the bed. They are becoming more on par with Ford it seems.

actually I don't think this is true. I looked at a T1 and a K2 truck today side by side at the dealer, and while the upper part of the bed is higher, the actual bumper and load floor of the bed are in fact lower on the 2019, which should make it easier to step up into the bed and load things into it. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I have spoke to about a half dozen dealerships to get truck pricing and install costs on this.  It ranges from $400-$600 WTF isnt this a 4.5hr job.  Do all dealerships have the same labor rate? 

8 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

So I have spoke to about a half dozen dealerships to get truck pricing and install costs on this.  It ranges from $400-$600 WTF isnt this a 4.5hr job.  Do all dealerships have the same labor rate? 

That's accurate install cost.  They're all different rates.  That's $100-125/hr, going rate for dealership labor.  My independent shop is $110.  

Edited by Leevon

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:25 AM, protovack said:

actually I don't think this is true. I looked at a T1 and a K2 truck today side by side at the dealer, and while the upper part of the bed is higher, the actual bumper and load floor of the bed are in fact lower on the 2019, which should make it easier to step up into the bed and load things into it. 

It is True.

According to specs, the F-150 Is nearly 2" Taller Overall for similar trim and cab configurations between the two brands.

2019 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Specs:

image.thumb.png.32bd15a97c151edd786814bc18141aa7.png

2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Specs:

SuperCrew

Pickup box style

5.5-ft. Styleside

5.5-ft. Styleside

6.5-ft. Styleside

6.5-ft. Styleside

8.0-ft. Styleside

8.0-ft. Styleside

5.5-ft. Raptor

Drive system

4x2 4x4

4x2

4x4

4x2

4x4

4x4

Wheelbase

145.0 in.

145.0 in.

156.8 in.

156.8 in. - -

146.0 in.

Overall length

231.9 in. 231.9 in.

243.7 in.

243.7 in.

- -

231.9 in.

Cab height

75.6 in.

77.2 in.

75.7 in.

77.3 in. - -

78.5 in

Edited by Sierra Dan

On 2/22/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sierra Dan said:

It is True.

According to specs, the F-150 Is nearly 2" Taller Overall for similar trim and cab configurations between the two brands.

2019 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Specs:

image.thumb.png.32bd15a97c151edd786814bc18141aa7.png

2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Specs:

SuperCrew

Pickup box style

5.5-ft. Styleside

5.5-ft. Styleside

6.5-ft. Styleside

6.5-ft. Styleside

8.0-ft. Styleside

8.0-ft. Styleside

5.5-ft. Raptor

Drive system

4x2 4x4

4x2

4x4

4x2

4x4

4x4

Wheelbase

145.0 in.

145.0 in.

156.8 in.

156.8 in. - -

146.0 in.

Overall length

231.9 in. 231.9 in.

243.7 in.

243.7 in.

- -

231.9 in.

Cab height

75.6 in.

77.2 in.

75.7 in.

77.3 in. - -

78.5 in

What I’ve always noticed is yes fords appears taller, as does dodge.  But when you actually look at it with more attention you realize alot of it is the body of these trucks ate taller.  In fact the body being taller, along with not accounting for the extra height and keeping the wheel width is why fords had so many roll overs with their explorers.  Same is true to probably a lesser extent with the F250s. I personally know 3 people who have rolled them.  I know of no one personally who have rolled Silverado’s.  I am a fire fighter and have seen silverados that have rolled, but these weren’t due to design.  It usually involved a multi car accident on interstates where the truck when off the side of the road down large drop offs after the initial impact wth other vehicles.

fords and dodges are taller, but a lot of it is the body itself is taller.  They do have alittlw extra ground clearance, but in the overall picture I believe the body accounts for more.

my feelings are that GM in there testing, and logic knew a combination of lower stance and wider stance provided better handling and overall safety.

having said all that, I like taller also and usually make my silverados taller.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, obfirefighter22 said:

What I’ve always noticed is yes fords appears taller, as does dodge.  But when you actually look at it with more attention you realize alot of it is the body of these trucks ate taller.  In fact the body being taller, along with not accounting for the extra height and keeping the wheel width is why fords had so many roll overs with their explorers.  Same is true to probably a lesser extent with the F250s. I personally know 3 people who have rolled them.  I know of no one personally who have rolled Silverado’s.  I am a fire fighter and have seen silverados that have rolled, but these weren’t due to design.  It usually involved a multi car accident on interstates where the truck when off the side of the road down large drop offs after the initial impact wth other vehicles.

fords and dodges are taller, but a lot of it is the body itself is taller.  They do have alittlw extra ground clearance, but in the overall picture I believe the body accounts for more.

my feelings are that GM in there testing, and logic knew a combination of lower stance and wider stance provided better handling and overall safety.

having said all that, I like taller also and usually make my silverados taller.

Ford's have typically been taller because the cab is mounted slightly higher relative to the frame to give it a flatter floor in the cab. The cab also has slightly more headroom vs the GM k2's.