Window Auto Up Feature

Hi All,

New member to the forum, but I have been searching the site for some time in my quest to purchase a new vehicle. I have been reading many posts about the auto window up, but I wanted to ask a specific question I have not see yet.

I noticed the driver window switch (2018 Sierra SLT) has all auto down and driver auto up with the two click feature on the window button. I notice only the driver has that double click on the way up.

So I was curious if the windows are capable for auto up with some modifications of the switch. I was going to order a spare to investigate, but I wanted to ask. I know the modules on the old F-bodies would enable up and down so I was hopeful they were capable. I think the Yukons have auto up on the passenger (have not confirmed) so maybe even an option to use that window switch if it was the same.

If I missed this answer in the search, my apologies. Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks. I really am curious if the Yukon can. I was hoping the switch was easily swapped to try a different window to test it, not so simple looking though. Worst case using a different switch could (maybe) work. Figured for $50 it could be worth a shot.

• Like 1

If the above is right you can try these guys they do bcm programming says windows down/up with the key fob so maybe they can reprogram the bcm for the switch? Says they can do it on certain equipped vehicles. Not exactly a cheap option though.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=94&category_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

It's an all around mess. It would require switches, programming, and I believe motors (the motors have to support feedback for auto up). GM Upfitters has wiring diagrams you can look through. It's a digital signal from the driver's side switches, to the BCM, to the other switch, then to the motor (if I'm remembering correctly). I was looking because I'd like a single switch to control all the windows, but didn't figure out a good way other than running wires to all four motors.

It was looked into back when the 2014's came out, as said it is a combo of the switch module, the BCM and the motors that allow the auto up to work.

Sad Gm doesnt allow it on the trucks, but yet my 2017 Camaro has auto up on both of the windows.

Just speculation, but I wonder if the motors and BCM are already capable. My 2015 SLT can express-up all of the windows from the keyfob (press and hold the lock button). I can’t for the life of me figure out why at least the passenger side window doesn’t have a double-pull to to express up function. Omitting it seems like a typical over-zealous bean counter kind of thing to do.

Just my $.02

M

36 minutes ago, pmhinatl said:

Just speculation, but I wonder if the motors and BCM are already capable. My 2015 SLT can express-up all of the windows from the keyfob (press and hold the lock button). I can’t for the life of me figure out why at least the passenger side window doesn’t have a double-pull to to express up function. Omitting it seems like a typical over-zealous bean counter kind of thing to do.

Just my $.02

M

What did you do to make that work? Mine only does down with the fob. Did you send out the BCM?