2014 Silverado will not start!!!

So my 2014 Silverado seems to have a mind of its own. Seems like if I let it sit for a few hours it’ll crank fine but when I cut it off it will not attempt to crank. When I turn the key it’s like a complete lost of power. I’ve searched and searched the internet for an answer with no luck. Took it to the dealer and it fired up like nothing is wrong. No check engine light or anything. Checked my G218 ground like I’ve seen on previous forums but it didn’t fix my problem . All recalls have been done. Checked all connections that I’m capable of checking. Don’t want to throw parts at it to fix it. Find it crazy how so many people have this issue with no real fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my 2012 acted the same way, I found that shorting out the ground on the battery to metal on the car (I used a long screw driver), would get it cranking again. Ultimately, replacing the ground cable and grinding the grounding point fixed it for 60k+ miles until I sold it. If the screw driver trick works, assume its a fault ground and a differential charge build up over time. Good luck.  

If the ground doesn't fix it, put a new battery in it.  My 14 Camaro had similar issues.  A new high quality battery fixed it.  I think the battery had an intermittent short in it.

Okay ground to the chassis looked great. Took it off just to be sure, cleaned with a wire brush and tightened. Not sure where the second ground goes. Appears that it may run to/near the starter. I drove it to work and it fired up this morning no issue. Once I cut it off at work it wouldn’t start back. Fired up fine 8 hours later when I got off. Completely at a lose. Put the battery out of my other truck in it and it still has these issues. I guess I’ll just have to just leave it at the dealer until it does it [emoji383]

Looks can be deceiving. A lot of problems with the ground cables are corrosion inside the terminals where you can't see it. One thing you can try is the next time it fails, go shake the ground cable pretty good at the terminals and try again. It may not be the easiest one to get to that is the problem. In every case I have read about like this , it turned out to be a bad cable. IMO you would be best off just replacing the cable.

I’ll give it a try today and see how it goes. It fired right up this morning after sitting all night. It seems to only have this problem once it is driven and shuts off

Definitely a heat related issue.
  • Like 1