Disappointed with 2019

I'm also in Alberta and have only seen one AT4 so far. LT TB, RST and Denali seem to be popular personal trucks and SLE and Elevation for work (at my site, anyway).

I know the TB has monotube Ranchos, which guys on here have said are better than the twin tubes that are in, for example, the RST Z71. I assume it would be similar on the GM side with the AT4 vs other trims. 
Oh interesting, I did drive a TB last year and I thought it had quite a nice ride for Ranchos. I thought the shocks were the same between the Z71 and the TB, thanks for the info! I don't think the service loaner I had was a Z71 just the standard 4x4, I liked the ride in that too. I can't comment on the Z71, but I can't imagine it being stiffer that the K2's. Anybody on here know what the base Z71/X31 suspe rides like compared to the K2's?

I should add, the RST I drove with the 5.3 and the 8 speed was fine other than every now and then it would clunk and bang going from 1st to 2nd. It also seemed like it would slip from 1st to 2nd, the rpms would rise for half a second and it felt like no power was being transmitted to the wheels, then it would bang into 2nd gear. Pretty bad honestly that GM would give these truck a stamp of approval with such a prevalent issue as so many have reported with the 8 speed.

13 minutes ago, Canadian GM Guy said:
3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:
I'm also in Alberta and have only seen one AT4 so far. LT TB, RST and Denali seem to be popular personal trucks and SLE and Elevation for work (at my site, anyway).

I know the TB has monotube Ranchos, which guys on here have said are better than the twin tubes that are in, for example, the RST Z71. I assume it would be similar on the GM side with the AT4 vs other trims. 

Oh interesting, I did drive a TB last year and I thought it had quite a nice ride for Ranchos. I thought the shocks were the same between the Z71 and the TB, thanks for the info! I don't think the service loaner I had was a Z71 just the standard 4x4, I liked the ride in that too. I can't comment on the Z71, but I can't imagine it being stiffer that the K2's. Anybody on here know what the base Z71/X31 suspe rides like compared to the K2's?

I have a 2018 Z71 with p275/60r20 tires. Swapped to bilstein's at 1000 miles or so. Currently at 4100 miles. I had a loaner 2019 elevation with the x31 package and the same size tires for about 100 miles, that one had around 1200 miles

The 2019 was a little bit softer but a much more jittery and harsh ride. I have bilstein's but my ride with the rancho shocks was nowhere near that bad.  I'm sure it would get better what's some better shocks but that would be quite the gamble to hope it gets better after you spend 40 or 50 grand.  The truck also had a nasty rattle in the back and the tailgate with bounce around a lot. I stuffed a bunch of rags into the tailgate jam so it didn't move but it still wasn't quiet just better.  I assumed something was malfunctioning on it.

It had more get up and was more enjoyable to drive quickly but overall I really didn't like driving it do to the ride.

• Like 1

I have a 2018 Z71 with p275/60r20 tires. Swapped to bilstein's at 1000 miles or so. Currently at 4100 miles. I had a loaner 2019 elevation with the x31 package and the same size tires for about 100 miles, that one had around 1200 miles

The 2019 was a little bit softer but a much more jittery and harsh ride. I have bilstein's but my ride with the rancho shocks was nowhere near that bad.  I'm sure it would get better what's some better shocks but that would be quite the gamble to hope it gets better after you spend 40 or 50 grand.  The truck also had a nasty rattle in the back and the tailgate with bounce around a lot. I stuffed a bunch of rags into the tailgate jam so it didn't move but it still wasn't quiet just better.  I assumed something was malfunctioning on it.

It had more get up and was more enjoyable to drive quickly but overall I really didn't like driving it do to the ride.
Thank-you for the insight. I won't be getting another new truck until mines paid off. I may as well do as much research as I can before I make the purchase. My 2017 will end up being my farm truck when I pay it off.