Air conditioner blowing warm air out drivers side vents only

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. When air conditioner is on, I am getting warm air out the drivers side vents. Passenger side vents blowing cold air just fine. Have the problem in both manual a/c mode and in auto mode. Just started yesterday. Any suggestions? Tried a search on here but only found this issue on prior 2014 trucks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 6:56 AM, silveradosid said:

left side temp sendor or blender door stuck disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and see if it resets

Well it's happened again! Doing it for 3 days now. Going to try to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and see if it fixes it. Will let you know if it worked. 

On 7/21/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ed S said:

Well it's happened again! Doing it for 3 days now. Going to try to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and see if it fixes it. Will let you know if it worked. 

Disconnecting battery for 5 minutes worked. For now. Will see how long it lasts.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2019 at 9:51 AM, Ed S said:

Disconnecting battery for 5 minutes worked. For now. Will see how long it lasts.

Is this still holding up for you? I have a 2019 Silverado that I bought 4 days ago and I just now realized that my driver side is stuck on cold. This isn’t a terrible thing because I’m in Florida and it is still a million degrees outside, but since the truck has less than 40 miles on it, I’m kind of pissed haha. I’m going to disconnect the battery when I get home and see if that works. I’m at work now and it’s sitting in the parking lot, so, maybe after sitting for a few hours, it will reset on it’s own too. We shall see...

36 minutes ago, BlackBeard1790 said:

Is this still holding up for you? I have a 2019 Silverado that I bought 4 days ago and I just now realized that my driver side is stuck on cold. This isn’t a terrible thing because I’m in Florida and it is still a million degrees outside, but since the truck has less than 40 miles on it, I’m kind of pissed haha. I’m going to disconnect the battery when I get home and see if that works. I’m at work now and it’s sitting in the parking lot, so, maybe after sitting for a few hours, it will reset on it’s own too. We shall see...

No, it's not holding up. I have to keep resetting it about every second or third time I drive the truck.  Yesterday it was blowing warm air out all the ducts with AC set on 60 degrees! Once again I had to pull the negative cable off to reset the system. Normally it just does it on the drivers side. I am sick and tired of pulling the negative cable off. I am thinking of contacting GMC to see if they will help me out in the repair of this. It just turned 50,000 miles and this shouldn't be happening already. It's a good thing your under warranty. Let me know how you come out or if you have to take it in, what they say. From what I have read many have this issue going on. 

7 minutes ago, Ed S said:

No, it's not holding up. I have to keep resetting it about every second or third time I drive the truck.  Yesterday it was blowing warm air out all the ducts with AC set on 60 degrees! Once again I had to pull the negative cable off to reset the system. Normally it just does it on the drivers side. I am sick and tired of pulling the negative cable off. I am thinking of contacting GMC to see if they will help me out in the repair of this. It just turned 50,000 miles and this shouldn't be happening already. It's a good thing your under warranty. Let me know how you come out or if you have to take it in, what they say. From what I have read many have this issue going on. 

That sucks. I’m going to try the battery reset and if that doesn’t work, I’m definitely taking it in. I will post my results here. Thanks for your update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, BlackBeard1790 said:

That sucks. I’m going to try the battery reset and if that doesn’t work, I’m definitely taking it in. I will post my results here. Thanks for your update.

Yeah, post your outcome. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ed S said:

Yeah, post your outcome. Thanks!

So, call it bad luck, but my actuator was bad. Straight from the factory haha. The mechanic said “one in a million” haha. Anyways, that part isn’t readily available, so, they had to order it from Detroit. Had it in a couple of days and installed it in a couple of hours. Good to go now.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:07 PM, BlackBeard1790 said:

So, call it bad luck, but my actuator was bad. Straight from the factory haha. The mechanic said “one in a million” haha. Anyways, that part isn’t readily available, so, they had to order it from Detroit. Had it in a couple of days and installed it in a couple of hours. Good to go now.

One in a million maybe on a new truck but get a few years on it and look out. 1 in thousands. Weak point on these trucks. For what they cost, cheap parts are being used in building them. 

• 11 months later...

I thought my 2014 Silverado A/C was bad. I just realized that my passenger side vents are blowing cold when my drivers side vents are blowing warm. I guess it's  been this way all summer because everyone riding in the passenger seat has complained of being cold while I've been hot so I  thought they were crazy.  I've added freon and taken freon out and nothing helped. I don't know about the battery reset because I put a new one on about two weeks ago. I am going to disconnect it and pull the fuses to see if that helps.