Silverado/ Serria HUD Retrofit

Ok guys. I need help with wiring up the HUD unit. I have 8 wires that come out of the HUD unit. Can anyone help me with a wiring Schematic? The Silverado/Serria did not have HUD as an option. So it is not plug and play like the Yukon/Tahoe guys had.

I will attach a few pictures of my progress so far 

You're trying to add the HUD from a yukon to the silverado? Do you know if this has ever been done before? 

I have a feeling this might either be a complete pain in the ass to do or will require a stupid amount of work. 

HUD will require a different windshield. BlkSS is checking with the Chevrolet dealership in his area to see if the Yukon/ Tahoe/Suburban or Escalade windshields would work in a Silverado/Serria. The dealerships in my area are not that willing to help with technical information. I guess they are worried about liability risk?

15 minutes ago, JADSCOOP said:

HUD will require a different windshield. BlkSS is checking with the Chevrolet dealership in his area to see if the Yukon/ Tahoe/Suburban or Escalade windshields would work in a Silverado/Serria. The dealerships in my area are not that willing to help with technical information. I guess they are worried about liability risk?

I don't know if you're talking to service or parts, but service would probably kick you to the curb. Talking to parts, they should be able to easily cross the part numbers...some places just suck....

Have you considered contacting a local auto glass shop (probably not Safelite) and seeing if their part numbers on the windshield is the same for a same year Silverado and Tahoe (without HUD)? Also if by chance the 019 Silverados have the same windshield since HUD is an option on those as well? They/you would probably have to get out the tape measure for that one since they may not have a parts listing for them yet. I seen you posted in the 11 page HUD thread I think if I remember right didn’t somebody say they were exploring the option of a clear film on the inside of the windshield for the display? Might be an opt.

4 hours ago, JADSCOOP said:

My friend - you have a bigger pair then I do for attempting this.  Good luck and watching. Liking the direction you are going.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigmac said:

My friend - you have a bigger pair then I do for attempting this.  Good luck and watching. Liking the direction you are going.  

I will give this project my best shot. 

Does anyone have any information on the HUD wiring 

I have this post talk about the wires.It does not give me exactly what wire goes where

I would prefer not to spend another $342 on a wire harness 

460B17FB-C3B6-4440-BC54-5B45173EFD58.png

Keep me posted on this...I had WAMS set my cluster up and I have the switch and the HUD unit.  I just haven't had the time to figure out the wiring and or the install of the HUD unit.  It looks like you have already started modifying the dash?  I believe the current windshield would work if you have the lane departure warning stuff, as there is currently a row of red lights that display on my glass if someone slams on their brakes in front of me.