3.5-4.5" lift

I would agree with Jimmy. If you are worried about being able to go back to stock just do a 2-2.5" level and be done. They are 100% easily put back to stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fix29 said:

I would agree with Jimmy. If you are worried about being able to go back to stock just do a 2-2.5" level and be done. They are 100% easily put back to stock.

yea I'm leaning that way.. but in saying that, would it work to get the adjustable bilstein's and get the RC kit (the one with spacer on the bottom of the strut)?? Those ranchos ride rough as hell

yea I'm leaning that way.. but in saying that, would it work to get the adjustable bilstein's and get the RC kit (the one with spacer on the bottom of the strut)?? Those ranchos ride rough as hell
Yes, that would work.

• Like 1

thanks everyone, right now I'm planning on getting the RC 2.5 kit, adjustable bilsteins, and possibly zone add-a-leaf to fit 275/65r20 Falken AT3's (although I'd like to get something a little wider, but we'll see). OH and no UCA needed for this set up correct?

Edited by contenderv07

I will warn you that my 275/60/20 falken tires rub UCA at full lock with max height bilstein. Has to do with the stamped arms pulling higher when leveled. 275/65/20 will likely have the same problem.

Also, if going with the full 2.5 level it, definitely keep b5100s at stock height. 1st notch will stretch it close to 3".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MBSierra17 said:

I will warn you that my 275/60/20 falken tires rub UCA at full lock with max height bilstein. Has to do with the stamped arms pulling higher when leveled. 275/65/20 will likely have the same problem.

Also, if going with the full 2.5 level it, definitely keep b5100s at stock height. 1st notch will stretch it close to 3".

do you think a ziptie to the fender liner would help or would it need more?

Background, I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 4wd with Stamped upper control arms.

I used to have the 2.5" rough country kit on my truck, and now I have the 3.5" Superlift kit on my truck.

Thoughts on RC 2.5", it's a good budget kit that I've used on a few different truck over the years.  The stamped steel kit is a little more difficult since you have to use a spring compressor, but my buddy had 1 that I borrowed, so no big deal.

Thoughts on Superlift 3.5", I really like this kit on my truck, but I did only get 3" of lift over stock.  The main reason I went with this kit is to gain some extra height to clear my 10" wide wheels.  This kit did give me the additional height I needed, so I'm happy.  The kit rides the same as the 2.5" lift IMO, and it got rid of the stupid stamped steel upper control arms.  I did install Bilstein 5100 front shocks at the same time, but they are at the factory height.

FYI, if you run factory 20" wheels with any tire size bigger than stock with a lift, you will need a spacer so that you don't rub on the control arms.  The Stamped control arms are flat and wide, so they are not very big tire friendly while turning full lock. 

I do have my complete RC 2.5" Level lift for sale if you're interested, $110 shipped and paypal'd.  Also I have a set of 1/4" hubcentric spacers that I used when I had factory wheels to prevent some rub.

E23DD3A2-BCDA-487C-B52F-7C8AFB519FD0.jpeg

Edited by pewterliftedz
  • Like 2

^^^^UGH now you're making it difficult lol

I did send an email to Zone about the cutting and this is what they said

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Zone Offroad. You may need to cut off a OE bracket to weld on our lower bracket for install but that would be about it.

Thank you

Zone Offroad

8 minutes ago, contenderv07 said:

^^^^UGH now you're making it difficult lol

I did send an email to Zone about the cutting and this is what they said

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Zone Offroad. You may need to cut off a OE bracket to weld on our lower bracket for install but that would be about it.

Thank you

Zone Offroad

Which Zone kit?  The 4.5"?  You are going to have to cut off the mounts from your front diff, and a piece from the cross member.  I would run a full kit if I didn't have to cut so much.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Denali34 said:

I had the Pro Comp 4" lift installed on mine and its a very nice kit. I have the factory 22" wheels and was able to keep them without spacers. I had it installed for $3100 out the door. It also has a $250 mail in rebate thru Sept. 31st. Here is the kit. You can see by the components that they lift it the right way and si 100% returnable to stock if need be. Its a true 4" lift as well. I acutally got 4.2" in the front and 4.4" in the back. https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808&partno=EXPK1173B

Are you sure about the returning to stock?  I have yet to see a kit that doesn't require cutting of the differential.

Are you sure about the returning to stock?  I have yet to see a kit that doesn't require cutting of the differential.

Yes sir. There is no cutting of the differential and all the mounting tabs are left intact. That’s the main reason I went with this setup besides keeping magneride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denali34 said:

Yes sir. There is no cutting of the differential and all the mounting tabs are left intact. That’s the main reason I went with this setup besides keeping magneride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool, found the instructions and it does say to cut the frame though.  Well for 4wd anyway.

image.png.625536d637848aecc8fa3cf147dc7a5f.png