My 2016 Sierra CC 6.2 finally got the shudder

I noticed it the other day. Stopped by and spoke to the contact at my dealership today, he went ahead and ordered a new converter for me and will call me once it is in hand. Then they will R&R the transmission and make sure the front pump is OK, if so they will R&R it and then put the new converter in the truck and fluid. Glad I caught it now before the truck hit the end of the 3yr/36k warranty next year. The 5yr/60k powertrain warranty is a crap shoot if it will cover anything.

What are the symptoms?  I have a vibration at 75-80mph and I've had the wheels balanced a few times. 
You will feel your steering wheel shake, it can be pretty strong and if you look you will see your rpms bouncing up and down. It feels like you running over the "wake-up" bumps on the side of the road.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Same here, my 2016 just go the shudder last week, going in today for the shudder. Of course my dealer acted like they never heard of it before, go figure.  I have been fighting them on the delayed engagement when I go into reverse after the truck sits overnight or 2, sometimes it slips backing out and I have to rev the engine a little bit to get it to move, other times it flat out wouldn't move at all, acted like it was in neutral. I had to shut it off and restart it to get it to move again.

Yeah the shudder will feel like you are running over the highway edge rumble strips, road could be smooth as glass and then all of a sudden you will get a rumble feeling. Nice thing is now I will get a new torque converter, new fluid and a free oil change all before 30k miles...lol

Well so far all my dealership did was change the transmission fluid and filter. So far it shifts smoother and I haven't noticed the shudder yet, but I only drive it at most 5 miles per day now so I will try to drive it longer to see if it is fixed or not.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:12 AM, B R A D said:

You will feel your steering wheel shake, it can be pretty strong and if you look you will see your rpms bouncing up and down. It feels like you running over the "wake-up" bumps on the side of the road.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lol damn, i just started getting that and was thinking if thats what it was. now that i read your post i know it is. i had the cruise set at 60mph and was watching the RPM's bounce steadily up and down about 250-500 rpm's. then of course the rumble strip feeling. it goes away just about as fast as it starts. i just hit 32,000 miles. i'll wait until the next oil change in about a month or so to bring it in. 

Edited by jimmyboy8301

31 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

lol damn, i just started getting that and was thinking if thats what it was. now that i read your post i know it is. i had the cruise set at 60mph and was watching the RPM's bounce steadily up and down about 250-500 rpm's. then of course the rumble strip feeling. it goes away just about as fast as it starts. i just hit 32,000 miles. i'll wait until the next oil change in about a month or so to bring it in. 

Wifes16 towmax had the same. Got a circle d converter and had the truck tuned.  Its good now.  I really hate the 8l90

Wifes16 towmax had the same. Got a circle d converter and had the truck tuned.  Its good now.  I really hate the 8l90

I got a 5yr/60k bumper/bumper so I’m making GM pay lol

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

8 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

I got a 5yr/60k bumper/bumper so I’m making GM pay lol

Instagram @wildchevys

I have the same warranty on the wifes but i figure if im gonna get another converter i might as well upgrade

I have the same warranty on the wifes but i figure if im gonna get another converter i might as well upgrade

lol

Instagram @wildchevys