Bed Extender on 2019

In case anybody is interested in a bed extender for your 2019, I was able to mount the same bed extender I have used on my 2010, 2014 and 2016 into the 2019.  Getting the nuts on back of the mounting bolts is a little tricky due to the tight spaces but it works!  In addition you can still access the 110v plug in the back.

Extend1.jpg

Extend2.jpg

• Like 3

In case anybody is interested in a bed extender for your 2019, I was able to mount the same bed extender I have used on my 2010, 2014 and 2016 into the 2019.  Getting the nuts on back of the mounting bolts is a little tricky due to the tight spaces but it works!  In addition you can still access the 110v plug in the back.
Extend1.thumb.jpg.b200cc094373b531c3ce02cce3022bc3.jpg
Extend2.thumb.jpg.d6a71659c173db4c11b909fd4a0bab61.jpg
Out of curiosity have you noticed any better gas mileage with the extender vs tailgate drafting?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MY164X4 said:

Out of curiosity have you noticed any better gas mileage with the extender vs tailgate drafting?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Only have 1100 miles on the 2019 and I rarely have a need for a bed extender but use it more as bed container to keep small items from rolling around the bed!  On my previous trucks I never traveled any long enough distances with the bed extender, extended to notice any noticeable MPG difference.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, AMPRG said:

Thanks a lot! I was puzzled if I could install back mine which has been with me in my 2011 and 2014 ones. 

Did you take the tail lights similar to previous models (two screws and pulling)? 

Yes, you have to remove the rear taillights to Drill holes for the bracket and attach the nuts on back of the mounting bolts.

24 minutes ago, AMPRG said:

Is there any trick involved to remove the tail light, or it's similar to previous models? 

Thanks again, 

It was a little easier than my 2016!  Just remove the 2 side screws and pull straight out.

31 minutes ago, DougFL said:

It was a little easier than my 2016!  Just remove the 2 side screws and pull straight out.

I have the silver extender part but not the brackets.   Do you know if those can be replaced?   

6 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I have the silver extender part but not the brackets.   Do you know if those can be replaced?   

Search on Ebay "Bed Extender Bracket".  You will have to check if they work with your extender.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_CAds=&_ex_kw=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_nkw=bed+extender+bracket&_sacat=&_sadis=&_sop=12&_udhi=&_udlo=&_fosrp=1

13 minutes ago, DougFL said:

Search on Ebay "Bed Extender Bracket".  You will have to check if they work with your extender.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_CAds=&_ex_kw=&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_nkw=bed+extender+bracket&_sacat=&_sadis=&_sop=12&_udhi=&_udlo=&_fosrp=1

Thanks Doug.   The one I have was an OEM from the dealer but I"m not sure it's an AMP.  It's from 2008 but new never really used.   I'll call AMP and see if I can identify it with a part number or something.    Thanks for taking the time to link that, I was looking on Amazon. 

14 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Thanks Doug.   The one I have was an OEM from the dealer but I"m not sure it's an AMP.  It's from 2008 but new never really used.   I'll call AMP and see if I can identify it with a part number or something.    Thanks for taking the time to link that, I was looking on Amazon. 

Your welcome.  The OEM bracket is long and thin that fits perfect on the the extended side piece on either side of the bed.  Just looking at the AMP bracket it may be too wide and require some additional modifications.  Good Luck!

• Like 1