Superlift 3.5 Pics and opinions

10 hours ago, Arkangel said:

How are the angles with this kit? Will ride quality be better than a 2.5” spacer kit with stock Ranchos?

Yea the ride is one thing I'm worried about. I would like to get rid of the "ranchos" since they're trash, but may have to wait on the bilsteins to pay for the lift and tires

12 hours ago, Arkangel said:

How are the angles with this kit? Will ride quality be better than a 2.5” spacer kit with stock Ranchos?

Angles aren't bad at all, and my truck rides pretty good with the kit.  Although I did install Bilstein 5100 front shocks at the same time.

superlift.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, contenderv07 said:

did you keep the ranchos for the back??

For now yes, I need to order the 5100 rear shocks and get them installed soon.  I'm going be selling off the new Superlift rear shocks with a 2.5" block and u-bolts that I have lying around

Edited by pewterliftedz

15 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

For now yes, I need to order the 5100 rear shocks and get them installed soon.  I'm going be selling off the new Superlift rear shocks with a 2.5" block and u-bolts that I have lying around

this is the reason I'm looking to just piece something together. Just buy everything separate so I'm not having to sell brand new stuff. I need to price out a setup and see what the difference is

Just now, contenderv07 said:

this is the reason I'm looking to just piece something together. Just buy everything separate so I'm not having to sell brand new stuff. I need to price out a setup and see what the difference is

The main reason i bought the kit was for the control arms and diff drop honestly.  Control arms are expensive for a nice set, so it's a no brainer to get the kit IMO. 

Just now, pewterliftedz said:

The main reason i bought the kit was for the control arms and diff drop honestly.  Control arms are expensive for a nice set, so it's a no brainer to get the kit IMO. 

no kidding I started looking at UCA's and they're about 5-700 just for that

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, pewterliftedz said:

Angles aren't bad at all, and my truck rides pretty good with the kit.  Although I did install Bilstein 5100 front shocks at the same time.

superlift.jpg

I know this is a pretty old thread, so hoping you see this. Pretty much planning on doing your exact same setup.

I'm leveled 2.5 inches now, with bilsteins front and rear. If i get the kit, i'll also be selling the superlift shocks, as I already have 5100s. I'd pretty much be buying the kit for the UCAs and diff drop, but the extra inch is just fine with me lol. Might even set my front bilstiens at the first notch to net around 4.25". who knows....

Anyways - assuming you still have the truck, how is the lift holding up? Any issues? Ride quality better than stock?

30 minutes ago, Travis1024 said:

I know this is a pretty old thread, so hoping you see this. Pretty much planning on doing your exact same setup.

I'm leveled 2.5 inches now, with bilsteins front and rear. If i get the kit, i'll also be selling the superlift shocks, as I already have 5100s. I'd pretty much be buying the kit for the UCAs and diff drop, but the extra inch is just fine with me lol. Might even set my front bilstiens at the first notch to net around 4.25". who knows....

Anyways - assuming you still have the truck, how is the lift holding up? Any issues? Ride quality better than stock?

I actually went a different route with my lift, I ended up taking the lift spacer off and adding a set of Eibach 2.5" lift springs.  I set the Bilsteins at the 2nd notch, and that gave me about the same amount of lift as the Superlift kit.  I went with that setup for a while before trading the truck in a couple months back.  The upper control arms and diff drop were looking great before letting it go.

So my lift "kit" was actually: Bilstein front struts on 2nd notch, Eibach 2.5" lift springs, 1/2” Motofab spacer, Superlift control arms, Superlift diff drop, and GM metal skid plates.

Rear setup was 2.5” lift blocks and Bistein 5100s.  (I had planed to change this to 3" or 3.5", but never got around to it)
I ended up using a 295/60r20 tire, truck looked awesome.

793084BC-878E-4002-A4B5-22EDD7383421.jpeg664594A4-5925-4A9F-93DB-7071C4B35E7C.jpeg.02ed5b7830dcf6cbe437135fca8a7542.jpeg236D66BA-E643-4ABC-9201-5630A415FA24.jpeg

93D627F5-5993-4105-A681-8E1C37BA4BAD.jpeg

Edited by pewterliftedz

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

I actually went a different route with my lift, I ended up taking the lift spacer off and adding a set of Eibach 2.5" lift springs.  I set the Bilsteins at the 2nd notch, and that gave me about the same amount of lift as the Superlift kit.  I went with that setup for a while before trading the truck in a couple months back.  The upper control arms and diff drop were looking great before letting it go.

So my lift "kit" was actually: Bilstein front struts on 2nd notch, Eibach 2.5" lift springs, 1/2” Motofab spacer, Superlift control arms, Superlift diff drop, and GM metal skid plates.

Rear setup was 2.5” lift blocks and Bistein 5100s.  (I had planed to change this to 3" or 3.5", but never got around to it)
I ended up using a 295/60r20 tire, truck looked awesome.

793084BC-878E-4002-A4B5-22EDD7383421.jpeg664594A4-5925-4A9F-93DB-7071C4B35E7C.jpeg.02ed5b7830dcf6cbe437135fca8a7542.jpeg236D66BA-E643-4ABC-9201-5630A415FA24.jpeg

93D627F5-5993-4105-A681-8E1C37BA4BAD.jpeg

Dude You aren't lying. That thing looks absolutely perfect! Just the right amount of lift. 

Just a couple follow on question if you don't mind. -

Assuming the second setup with the eibach's and no spacer was an overall better ride?

Any negatives with the first lift (full superlift w/spacer) that I should be aware of if i went that route?

Looks like it sits right at level, is that true? I'd definitely prefer a slight rake to being nose high at all.

Any rubbing with the 295/60?

Thanks again for the info!

4 hours ago, Travis1024 said:

Dude You aren't lying. That thing looks absolutely perfect! Just the right amount of lift. 

Just a couple follow on question if you don't mind. -

Assuming the second setup with the eibach's and no spacer was an overall better ride?

Any negatives with the first lift (full superlift w/spacer) that I should be aware of if i went that route?

Looks like it sits right at level, is that true? I'd definitely prefer a slight rake to being nose high at all.

Any rubbing with the 295/60?

Thanks again for the info!

The suspension was a little too stiff for my liking, but I felt like the 3.5" Superlift spacer was over extending my axles at full droop.  Never had any issues, but it seemed like a bad angle at full droop.

Yah with my final lift it was perfectly level, which is why I wanted to go to a bigger rear block to get some rake back.

Yes the 295/60 rubbed, but that was because I had a 10" wide wheel, you'd be fine with a 9" 0 or (+) offset.  I ended up doing a norcal mod to stop the rubbing, it worked perfectly with these plates. 

1F26BD85-4A3C-4CA7-BBC5-0FACC248FD16.jpeg

6207497A-C497-46D8-BB80-C8FFB3700D16.png

Edited by pewterliftedz

On 5/8/2020 at 10:43 PM, pewterliftedz said:

The suspension was a little too stiff for my liking, but I felt like the 3.5" Superlift spacer was over extending my axles at full droop.  Never had any issues, but it seemed like a bad angle at full droop.

Yah with my final lift it was perfectly level, which is why I wanted to go to a bigger rear block to get some rake back.

Yes the 295/60 rubbed, but that was because I had a 10" wide wheel, you'd be fine with a 9" 0 or (+) offset.  I ended up doing a norcal mod to stop the rubbing, it worked perfectly with these plates. 

1F26BD85-4A3C-4CA7-BBC5-0FACC248FD16.jpeg

6207497A-C497-46D8-BB80-C8FFB3700D16.png

Thanks again for all the info - Like you said in a previous post, it is really worth the $570 for the kit just to get the UCAs and diff drop. Based on what I've seen (you mentioned this as well), it looks like this kit provides around 3" of lift. I'm thinking that if I run this kit with the spacer and my 5100 set at 0", it may actually improve my ride quality over my current setup of 1.25" spacer + 3rd notch @ 1.26". Plus it would give me another half inch or so in lift.

I'm sure this is a shot int he dark, but do you happen to have any fender height measurements from either one of the mentioned lifts?

5 hours ago, Travis1024 said:

Thanks again for all the info - Like you said in a previous post, it is really worth the $570 for the kit just to get the UCAs and diff drop. Based on what I've seen (you mentioned this as well), it looks like this kit provides around 3" of lift. I'm thinking that if I run this kit with the spacer and my 5100 set at 0", it may actually improve my ride quality over my current setup of 1.25" spacer + 3rd notch @ 1.26". Plus it would give me another half inch or so in lift.

I'm sure this is a shot int he dark, but do you happen to have any fender height measurements from either one of the mentioned lifts?

Yah the truck rode pretty good with the Superlift kit spacer and 5100s set to the bottom notch.  No I don't think I ever took any fender measurements.  I had actually bought the Motofab 3" front lift spacer prior to buying the Superlift kit, but never installed it, and the funny thing is that it was actually thicker than the "3.5" lift spacer that comes from Superlift.  So if you did want to go taller, just something to note.