Clunk after coasting

I have a 2014 Silverado 4x4. Whenever i coast for a minute then accelerate i get a clunk. Maybe from the rear end or trans/transfer case. Is greasing the spline the only fix? Really annoying!

Welcome to the club, all of them do that between 14-18 not sure of the 19’s. My 18 6.2 does that sometimes depending on my driving habits, it’s normal and not sure about any other fixes other than greaser up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed a brand new nickel plated slip yoke and driveshaft. My clunk didn’t go away. Be cautious if you choose to grease the slip yoke. I believe GM discontinued that practice for our model year (perhaps no seals preventing grease from migrating into the trans) and there is no telling what will happen if grease contaminates the trans fluid.

The whining you describe drives me nuts too.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, Lloyd Ritenour said:

Ok, i will add that to the "normal" list with the constant LIFTER TICK NOISE and the CONSTANT WHINING NOISE that sounds like an empty power steering pump even though it dont have one. LOL thanks

Lloyd,

All normal noises for our Sewing Machines on wheels! :thumbs:

Does your "empty power steering pump noise" increase and decrease slightly with throttle input?

Yes, i only hear it at idle and low speeds. Seems like soon after it shifts to 2nd  gear i dont hear it any more. Same with the "lifter tick" 

Same here. It’s like someone is flying an RC plane inside my engine compartment. Only slow speeds is when I notice it. Might not go away, but I just can’t hear it going faster.

Is the AC on when you get this whining? I had a growling mainly heard at lower in town speeds and it was the AC compressor. While I was hearing it I would shut the AC button and it immediately stopped. Drove me crazy. They changed my compressor and it still did it. I then found a fix.