T1 6.2 letdown?

20 hours ago, 2fst4u said:

boys if you want a drag car, go buy a drag car... where talkin about trucks.  its called off roading, pulling shit and hauling stuff. Come on if you want to drag down a drag strip give me a vet l1 or such and then will talk.

I see your point. However I have noticed that since I started driving a nicer truck (vs my beater truck) after getting rid of my Trailblazer SS, is that a lot of people who drive trucks care about beating the truck next to them.  I’ve had more people randomly want to race me now than I ever did with my TBSS. 

11 hours ago, 2fst4u said:

look who's judging  someone's comment about the big picture?  Really?  Fast car fun times take it as you wish...

That's the point really, it's easy for anyone to point and judge.  No-one is trying to turn a truck into a sports car, but people enjoy drag racing all kinds of vehicles, even tractors.

Fun can be found anywhere for those willing to look for it.

Personally I've owned fast cars in the past, and it's great driving something unflappable.  It's also incredibly boring and unfun on public streets.

I don't need the constant lesson in humility every time I drive a sportscar on the street anymore.

Trucks are more fun to drive at lower speeds, and trucks with more power are more fun.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 3:56 PM, NWI Denali said:

Valid point because Andre certainly got a much better launch on the 3rd race with the Titan. However, setting that aside, dont you think the 6.2 should pull away in the mid range and top end though? The trucks were literally like neck and neck the whole way with neither pulling away.

Keep in mind these trucks have a speed limiter.  At least the Silverado does.  Don’t know about the Titan but presumably it does as well.  The Silverado is set at 98 mph.  So, if the Titan's the same then the race is to see who can get to 98 mph the quickest.  

On 11/1/2018 at 4:45 PM, KARNUT said:

It’s simple, the 10 speed may be great for towing it sucks for drag racing. Two much TM. Even without TM 8 speeds would be plenty to stay in the sweet spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, haven’t driven the 2019 yet but I do own a 2015 LTZ 6.2/8 spd.  And, I did indeed buy it for towing for which it performs great.  I’m kinda old, ok I’m very old, and don’t do much traffic light racing.  But, a couple of times a cowboy in a Ram Hemi has wanted to play and my inner teenager took control so I accommodated them if the traffic and such was ok.  And, I would say my LTZ was slower off the line but the midrange was stronger then top end running pretty much even then my speed limiter kicked in at 98 mph and the show was over for me and the Ram passed me by.  I think the Ram’s limiter is set at 110 mph but not sure.  And, of course there’s the young buckeroos who have used tuners and have eliminated their limiter completely, lol... 

Well, haven’t driven the 2019 yet but I do own a 2015 LTZ 6.2/8 spd.  And, I did indeed buy it for towing for which it performs great.  I’m kinda old, ok I’m very old, and don’t do much traffic light racing.  But, a couple of times a cowboy in a Ram Hemi has wanted to play and my inner teenager took control so I accommodated them if the traffic and such was ok.  And, I would say my LTZ was slower off the line but the midrange was stronger then top end running pretty much even then my speed limiter kicked in at 98 mph and the show was over for me and the Ram passed me by.  I think the Ram’s limiter is set at 110 mph but not sure.  And, of course there’s the young buckeroos who have used tuners and have eliminated their limiter completely, lol... 

It’s just my luck all through my working life driving a P/U was almost like driving a school bus. Now they all run good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk