T1 6.2 letdown?

1 hour ago, JacobC1983 said:

I have also owned both 6.2 with the 8 speed and 10 speed.  The power and 0-60 times feel identical in the butt dyno, except the 10 speed doesn't clunk when I slow back down to a stoplight.

Hey now don’t you worry. If I know gm the clunk will find you. It always does. ?

15 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

My at4 6.2 is two weeks old I haven’t gotten on it too much
but it feels much faster than my 2013 5.3 Silverado
Specially rolling on the highway from 45 to 80

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also coming out of a '13 LTZ and '15 Suburban, both with the 5.3. The grunt of the 6.2 is VERY noticeable. If I feel the need for speed, I'll take the wife's car or my bike.

16 hours ago, Saskquatch said:

Laughing at the boys that bought trucks to drive them like cars....whatever I guess.

I don't know. A corvette that you can drive year round and take off road sounds pretty good to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

I have also owned both 6.2 with the 8 speed and 10 speed.  The power and 0-60 times feel identical in the butt dyno, except the 10 speed doesn't clunk when I slow back down to a stoplight.

I agree with this.  Just got into '19 from a '16.  Both have the 6.2L with 3.42 gears (max tow pkg).  Overall they accelerate the same but think it may not be as noticeable in the '19 simply because the 10spd is that much smoother than the 8spd.

Another showing, this time with max tow and 3.42's on the Sierra. Still barely edges out the Titan and looks to lose to the Ecoboost by about the same margin as the Hemi did. This 6.2 just does not look like it puts the amount of power to the ground like it should. Im really wondering if it's the 10 speed torque management.

8 hours ago, Sierra Jon said:

As stated before those TFL guys are morons. That being said TC is extremely intrusive in these trucks. I bet if Andre had the TC off he'd be doing a brake stand.

Can you explain what makes them morons ? I love their channel and no real bias seems to be going on. They test their trucks in Colorado so the turbo motors always do best but to call them morons because gm didn’t win ?

Meanwhile the EGOboost kicked ass and took names. I would be in a EGOboost right had it not be the awful exhaust sound. Terrible exhaust note or not that 3.5 ego hauls the mail. Looks like they also got their 10 speed down. Unlike gm. 

That 10 speed must really be bad ..cause don't forget, they trimmed 400lbs from the new trucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it all has to do with TM. A good tune would make all the difference. Every truck I’ve owned I’ve done a tune. It’s like doing an engine swap. It will shorten the life of the transmission if you constantly lead foot it. I was probably saved by the fact I drove a lot of Hwy miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile the EGOboost kicked ass and took names. I would be in a EGOboost right had it not be the awful exhaust sound. Terrible exhaust note or not that 3.5 ego hauls the mail. Looks like they also got their 10 speed down. Unlike gm. 
Most of the reviews I've seen have favored GM's shift behavior over Ford in the ten speed.