New AT4 rear speakers very low

They could just be a Midbass.

That's how it is in my Ram, but with the front doors, and Vocals come from other speakers around the Cabin.

Have you tried different Music Sources? Radio, XM, iPod, Phone?

16 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

Playing around with the fade and balance on the radio noticed even at very high-volume barely any sound out of the rear speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, James. If you’re thinking about visiting your servicing GM dealership about rear speaker concerns, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. Please follow up with us via private message, if interested.

Anthony J.

K2 was like this as well.  I'm going with it being normal.  The door speakers are mainly fill or certain ranges, the two speakers right at the top of the dash do the heavy lifting.  Allows for the sound to travel the cabin. 

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue, I just picked up my 2019 Denali and I would estimate that the rear speakers put out around 20% of the volume compared to the front. when you select the fade to the rear you can hardly hear them compared to the fade to the front which is loud and clear.

I tried different types of sources and nothing changes.

Im almost 100% confident they are midbass and not full range speakers...If you have spotify and search test tones and put on test tones 180hz to 2khz the rear speakers seem to play at a normal volume. If you play tones 2k up they seem to not play at all. My guess is they are crossed over around 2k and thats the only range...Whats even stranger is they seem to reduce in volume (even when in the 180hz to 2khz) as the volume increases to protect the speakers (I assume).

The sound system in this truck is my only disappointment with this truck.. I wish I had the option to leave it off of the truck.The Bose guys that designed this either had crazy restrictions put on them or no clue what they were doing. The sound stage is an absolute disaster and it didnt/doesnt have to be.  I added a small 8inch woofer crossed at 80hz and it made all of the difference in the world. The rear speakers are still very quiet and it has me contemplating an entire system, however.

Edited by Chris walker

I looked at the sound system again and what I found is when you put the fade at 100% to the rear the sound completely dies off. If you slowly move it towards the front of the truck there is a "Sweet Spot" where they seem to pick up in volume to match the front speakers. It's about half way between the rear and the center setting and it does have quite a good sound.

This seems to be odd because to get the full sound within the truck you half a very limited point to make it work.

Chris makes some great points.

It just seems that in these times of continuous improvements this was a real miss.