My wife said I can't...

rkj__

...take my truck off road.

The conversation started, because she was worried I might take my lifted Canyon out for one last rip before handing the keys to it's next owner, and break something expensive.  I assured her I had no intention of doing that. 

Then I asked, what about the new Sierra?  She paused for a moment, and said, "No, because then you will rip off the side steps, and I like them."

She's got me there.  She climbed into my Canyon for years without steps, because I had previously bent them off road, and then removed them.

Happy wife, happy life.  It's true. 

45734421452_77119147b3_n.jpg

Now that does not mean my truck will never have dirt under its tires, but I did not buy a full size pickup truck with the intention of following Jeeps down challenging rocky trails. 

I thought y'all might have a little fun with this one, at my expense.  Perhaps you have some fun truck & wife stories of your own to share. 

Edited by rkj__

I can’t pick her cars out for her anymore. Early on while our kids were young my wife chose to be a stay at home mom. I always needed a truck for work. Not having lots of money to spare my wife drove whatever hot rod I was playing with at the time. Once all the kids were in school she got a job started driving little cars. Starting with a Oldsmobile star fire, yuck. At least she didn’t drive my toys anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I can’t pick her cars out for her anymore. Early on while our kids were young my wife chose to be a stay at home mom. I always needed a truck for work. Not having lots of money to spare my wife drove whatever hot rod I was playing with at the time. Once all the kids were in school she got a job started driving little cars. Starting with a Oldsmobile star fire, yuck. At least she didn’t drive my toys anymore.

A Starfire?  I had to look that one up. 

1977_Olds_Starfire_SX.jpg

It's a little bit interesting looking, but also a little bit hideous. 

Edited by rkj__

A Starfire?  I had to look that one up. 

1977_Olds_Starfire_SX.jpg

It's a little bit interesting looking, but also a little bit hideous. 

Like that one but red. It had a 231 V6. I did sneak it out and put duals on it. Our first non V-8. My toy at the time was a 74 impala 454, 700r4, 373.

My wife loves off-roading, as long as it involves windows and climate control [emoji4]

I can’t imagine her ever saying I can’t do something like take my truck off-road...our relationship ain’t like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, pronstar said:

My wife loves off-roading, as long as it involves windows and climate control emoji4.png

I can’t imagine her ever saying I can’t do something like take my truck off-road...our relationship ain’t like that.

My wife is a very sensible person, and was just checking to make sure I was not planning anything stupid. 

She knows the kind of wheeling I did with my Canyon. 

She and I both know that taking the Canyon wheeling after shaking on a deal to sell it would be irresponsible.

She and I both know that if I tried the same trails in my stock Sierra, I would badly damage the new truck. 

It's kind of ironic actually, I'm selling the Canyon to somebody who drives a shiny black 2015 Silverado Z71, which he does not want to get all covered in muck and limestone dust at his job site.

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

My wife knows I'm not going to do anything to hurt my truck, so she doesn't care what I do.

Back when we were dating, I asked my wife to go on a date with me to plow 2 long rural driveways in my '98 K1500.

She got motion sick, so then plowing time became me time. But my kids get a kick out of riding along now. That's why I had to go from regular cab to crew cab, haha.

My wife was crying in the passenger seat of her new jeep when I took it out in the first snow of that year. Said I was ruining it. We even stayed on unplowed roads, not like I took it coyote hunting...

Well, she's right about the side steps. Mine only lasted a couple of months before one got ripped off. Fortunately they were pretty cheap. It hurt my wife's feelings more than mine because she's only 4'9" and my Silverado's pretty tall. The good thing is she loves off roading so she didn't let that stop us. 

• Like 1

No wife yet, too busy with work to commit. Although I had a few potentials check out the backseat of my trucks back in the age 17-25 hay days. Don't think I could make it work in an extended cab anymore, due to storage volume not impotence ;) Just like Chevy in the 90's, Hard as a Rock. 

• Like 1