Level kit install

On 11/21/2018 at 5:15 PM, Jerry's Denali said:

Garage day was at my house today.

I helped a few friends in our group install level kits on their 2019's with some interesting discoveries.

All trucks were purchased this week.

2 HC's only needed 1 1/4 lift to be perfectly level, yet my Son's HC needed 1 1/2.

A Trail boss needed 1 1/2, Sierra AT4 needed 1 3/8. 

Yet an LT needed a 2 inch spacer to be "just about" level. Still has a very slight rake.

I installed a 1 1/4 on mine which by choice left a very slight rake, when I hook my boat up it makes it level.  

Seems to be most  of the NBS can get by with 1 1/2 front spacer and be level, 2 inch would be nose high.

All of these trucks with the exception of the Trailboss and mine had fender lip to ground of 38 1/2 inches all around AFTER level kit install.

Did not get to measure Trailboss post install but I will soon.

Busy day but lots of fun as most of these guys have never turned a wrench before.

Sounds like a fun weekend in the garage.  I just picked up a 2019 HC and going to install a 1.5 inch leveling kit this weekend.  I have read that with the ‘19s that a 1.5 inch spacer will slide under lower strut mount without removing upper strut mount/ball joint or steering linkage.  Any truth to that?

2 hours ago, NaliDude said:

Sounds like a fun weekend in the garage.  I just picked up a 2019 HC and going to install a 1.5 inch leveling kit this weekend.  I have read that with the ‘19s that a 1.5 inch spacer will slide under lower strut mount without removing upper strut mount/ball joint or steering linkage.  Any truth to that?

I took off my tie rod end but did not touch the upper strut mount bolts. It took a little pressure but it went in and I had no help from others, one man job. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NaliDude said:

Thanks!  Do you by chance know torque specs for the steering tie rod linkage and sway bar?

No, Sorry, I just tightened it as much as I could and went back and tightened all the bolts again a week later, they didn't move any but I felt better about it.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, groverygetter said:

I have a 1.5” level on mine with 20x10 (-19) and 33x12.50 duractracs.  Had to trim like the previous body style and it’s good to go. 2019 AT4

Are you running spacers? If not, what brand wheels do you have? Had to give up my Hostiles with the same specs cause of the calipers.

Got it done. The 1.5 is perfect.  2 inches would have been too much. 
6BAEDD2F-64DF-4CEF-925C-858ED0FC83B6.thumb.jpeg.b0b84181ed57cd181f8797998e88c7e4.jpeg

Clean HC...reminds me of my 17 black LTZ Z71 that i traded in. Sometimes I miss it but then I hop on my AT4 and all is good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Anyone done a level on an LTZ w/Z71?  Not sure if I should go 1.5" or 2".  I would think HC would be comparable but the one above does not have the Z71 pkg.

I would go with a 2" as it does not have the 2" factory lift like the AT4 and TB...worse case scenario if you end up a bit nose high you can always throw in a 1" block in the rear and get an all around higher stance. 

29 minutes ago, asalinasz39 said:

I would go with a 2" as it does not have the 2" factory lift like the AT4 and TB...worse case scenario if you end up a bit nose high you can always throw in a 1" block in the rear and get an all around higher stance. 

That is what I am afraid of.  I'm sure 1.5" will be level or maybe a slight rake but I wondered if 2" would be too much on this exact vehicle.  I'd like to do this once and be done.

5 hours ago, cltsig said:

That is what I am afraid of.  I'm sure 1.5" will be level or maybe a slight rake but I wondered if 2" would be too much on this exact vehicle.  I'd like to do this once and be done.

I have an LTZ Z71 and did a 1.5". Mine sits dead level. If I would have gone with the 2" I would have been nose high for sure.

I have an LTZ Z71 and did a 1.5". Mine sits dead level. If I would have gone with the 2" I would have been nose high for sure.

Thanks man, appreciate it. 1.5” it is!

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, BevoXV said:

Are you running spacers? If not, what brand wheels do you have? Had to give up my Hostiles with the same specs cause of the calipers.

Running Vision 18 x 8.5 with 0mm offset...   great fit...   The OEM are 26mm offset but the spokes are made to curve past the caliper... 

0604191057.jpg

3 hours ago, cltsig said:

Thanks man, appreciate it. 1.5” it is!

I have some 2" blocks and u bolts from my AT4 if you want to go higher upfront.