Cold weather errors (trailer connection & sensors)

If they even let you actually turn the system off when it freaks out that would be a huge help. The switch to disable the lane keeping system has no effect on the constant stream of flashing alerts on all the screens... 

I might have to try putting some sort of trailer light plug with heavy resistors in it so the truck can pretend there is a trailer back there and shut the heck up about this garbage so I can actually drive the truck safely.

It’s bad enough that NHTSA should be engaged about this type of driver distracting behavior and strongly encourage automakers to take action. 

Edited by flowbytwo
Spelling

If i could do away with options for my truck these parking sensors would be at the top of the list. They are without a doubt more of a nuisance than a help it seems, especially if your like me and live in a snowy climate as they always trigger a false detection with ice or snow buildup around the sensors. Sorry guys who are new to these trucks but i don't see software updates fixing this issue, been pretty common for the last 5+ years anyways. Mine just eventually thankfully shut down all together when they start freaking out hopefully they kept that feature.
I had random errors with my sensors on my '17, but as you said, when ice or snow was built up. I have the same issues with my 2017 Accord Touring, so it's not just the GM trucks that are affected.

This seems to be to do with the trailer connection specifically.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Ive already tried this and nothing change its all about the programming in the computer or the trailer module the dealer is with GMC on this they are waiting for an update we only can wait for it !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I am having the same issue.  Seems to have gone away again, but I am assuming it is only because it has been slightly warmer.   This is definitely an issue GM should be working on.  It is different than simply the terrible parking sensors beeping when moisture is present, which is an entirely different complaint.

Edited by CarlsonDDS
  • Like 1

Had mine at the dealership Monday they reflashed and the error was there when I stopped at the light 2 blocks away [emoji2959][emoji1745]‍[emoji3603][emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was at the dealer yesterday but it decided not to throw the errors when the tech tried it.

According to the engine hours on start up they only ran it for 0.1hrs so they must not l have tried very hard to see if it would fault.

I suspect it was simply plugged in to read codes and there weren’t any in the computer. 

Ive already tried this and nothing change its all about the programming in the computer or the trailer module the dealer is with GMC on this they are waiting for an update we only can wait for it !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

You were right
The grease didn’t change a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My front sensors will normally go off after power washing the vehicle with it being cold out. I would just take a heat gun to the four sensors and my sensors would be okay. After washing the salt off with it very cold, the front and back acted up. So I dried the trailer connections out and all of my sensors worked correctly under the same weather conditions. So who knows....

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Add me to the list. 12 degrees this morning. Trailer disconnected, lane change alert and then rear cross traffic alert messages about a dozen times in 5 miles. The infotainment screen flashes every time this happens. It’s all very annoying. Not even going to bother taking it to the dealer until there’s a TSB and a fix for it. Hopefully we can keep each other posted.

Taking it to the dealer

tomorrow told them I wanted it fixed or they can have the truck back this is a driving hazard, distraction not to mention not make not trust the systems on this vehicle. Again I don’t pay good money for this crap.  

• Like 2