Cold weather errors (trailer connection & sensors)

It was 10° this morning and the truck continued to say there was a trailer disconnection error

along with pedestrian sensor and park sensor error’s

I live in Buffalo New York where it is cold quite often

I tried to dismiss the errors every time but they continued to pop up

Hopefully the dealer has something they can do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, Opiedeegs said:

It was 10° this morning and the truck continued to say there was a trailer disconnection error

Hey there, Denis. We understand how frustrating these cold weather error codes must be for you. If you’re thinking about visiting your servicing GM dealership about your situation, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

Hey there, Denis. We understand how frustrating these cold weather error codes must be for you. If you’re thinking about visiting your servicing GM dealership about your situation, we would be happy to work alongside them, to provide an additional layer of support. We hope to hear from you soon.

Anthony J.

Thanks for your interest I’m not planning on taking it to the dealer yet

I’ll give it another try on a cold morning and see what happens

if it happens again for sure I will be going to the dealer

One of the main reasons I Purchased this truck is to take it to northern Ontario and Quebec Towing a snowmobile trailer

So if it does continue to act up under cold weather conditions I will be very disappointed

They've done this before the 2019 model year.  You name the car, they do it. 

Dry the truck out really nice, it will all go away.  If the dealer can or will do anything, they will unplug and dry out all the connectors, dielectric grease them and plug them all back in. 

Edited by newdude

• 3 weeks later...

I have also seen this in the cold... fwiw my truck was spotless at the time (as it is black I typically keep it that way). The trailer disconnect error was way more frequent than the lane change but in the cold (~15F) they both did it. 

On 11/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, Opiedeegs said:

Every car I've ever owned with parking sensors has errors during WNY winters.  The layer of salt messes with everything. 

However on this truck I really haven't had many issues except for when covered in snow ice.  No trailer issues either.  Was in -0 weather last weekend with zero issues. 

Edited by MadCaddie

Mine is going into the dealer at the end of the week.  I will post with updates.  It's sporadic anyway.  It was as cold this morning, and no issues.  Truck is also spotless...No salt or snow either.

The only issues I had on '17 SLT All-Terrain, were the front sensors when they would get ice and snow on them...Which is to be expected.  But this current issue is not the same.

Two hour drive home today. Every ten seconds a round if alerts about trailer, rear cross traffic and lane assist faults. Flashes the radio screen each time too. Blood was starting to boil after the distractions caused me to almost get in a wreck in traffic. 

Thankfully I was able to stuff my hat in the dash and turn off the radio so I could actually drive. 

For what it’s worth I cleaned all the sensors and tried restarting the truck to make it stop. I shouldn’t have to do that anyways, this is a truck in the winter, it’s gonna be dirty and if that is a problem then this truck will have to find a new home. 

I don’t really want to deal with a dealer this time of year but it looks like I have no choice.