Cold weather errors (trailer connection & sensors)

9 hours ago, CStanger said:

I had my first problems with this today driving in the snow.  The weird thing about it was,  it was only under 5mph.  Every time it would slow down, my sensors on my front passengers would start going off like I was about to hit something.  My camera would come on, and my seat would start vibrating.  As soon as I'd get above 5mph, it would shut off.  It was snowing, and the roads were bad at the time.  After work the roads were dry, and didn't have any problems.  Pretty annoying when its bumper to bumper, and your seat won't quit vibrating the whole time.  

As OntheReel states, what you describe is the Parking Assist Sensors going off under 5 mph which causes the camera to come on due to something blocking a sensor. My vehicle

does the same thing. You can disable the sensors.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

Gentlemen,

So far I am still struggling to get a response from the dealer or GM on this issue. However, I have been able to push the issue with GM by using social media. On Friday evening I started replying on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to various posts by GM about "how great the new trailering technology is" and also on GM's CEO's twitter account. I did the same on the dealership's social media accounts. In response I did get a response from the team that manages the CEO's twitter account. I have provided them the details of the issue and my current case number with GM (which I was told a buy back request has been submitted). As you are aware the effect of social media can cause some movement where other attempts have not - yet it takes more than just one. I've copied the post I replied to below so that each of you with this issue could do the same. I believe that with enough 'bad news" listed on the CEO's twitter account and elsewhere in social media GM will start to take this serious. I also encourage you post on GM's facebook and Instagram accounts as well noting the error (with pictures is always a plus). I realize this is a shot in the dark, but as you can tell based on 9 pages of posts that GM is not committed at this point to resolving the issue. I am hoping with some pressure from social media, my buy back request from customer services, and the case open with the attorney general this may actually get resolved or at least a replacement vehicle. 

https://twitter.com/mtbarra/status/1098230059901636609

• Like 1

“We understand your frustration on this issue and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. GM is aware of the issue and is currently trying to come up with a fix for the issue. Once there is a fix the dealership will notify you. If you have any further questions regarding this your best point of contact will be the dealership. “

That was the last I heard from them. I don’t use twitter but have been blowing up their Facebook. Feel like I’m not getting through to anyone.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/02/2019-chevy-silverado-winter-cold-start-video/

Happy they are covering it, but unfortunately their press truck didn't malfunction like everyone's here.
I noticed that most of their videos are NOT in cold weather conditions. I haven't watched this video yet though...Would be nice for them to cover it with supplied videos from those who actually have the errors on a daily basis.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Just talked to me dealership on this (I opened up Service Request on 2/7/19) on this issue.  They told me GM has a fix (reprogramming) that will be available in 7-10 days.  In the mean time i could come in and they could pull 2 fuses that would take care of the issue.  I am seriously considering pulling the fuses as it is not supposed to be above 15 degrees for the next week. 

For those of you who have Service Requests open with GM, can you call GM or your dealership and see if the information i am getting is correct, or they just blowing smoke again.  While i truely hope this will be fixed in the next week, i am not holding my breath.  

Just talked to me dealership on this (I opened up Service Request on 2/7/19) on this issue.  They told me GM has a fix (reprogramming) that will be available in 7-10 days.  In the mean time i could come in and they could pull 2 fuses that would take care of the issue.  I am seriously considering pulling the fuses as it is not supposed to be above 15 degrees for the next week. 

For those of you who have Service Requests open with GM, can you call GM or your dealership and see if the information i am getting is correct, or they just blowing smoke again.  While i truely hope this will be fixed in the next week, i am not holding my breath.  
My dealership has been decent as far as communications go. So I'd expect a call if this is true. I'll post if I hear anything.

9 minutes ago, ajwineski said:

Just received a text from the sales manager at my dealership. Said they are coming to get my truck and reprogram it this week. Good to hear that someone else has heard the same. We are expecting lows in the single digits this weekend and it has consistently had error messages when the temps fall below 20. Should be a good indicator of the reprogram works. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ajwineski said:

If you go in, could you find out what fuses so i can just do it on my own? 

They did the reprograming on my 2019 sierra did not fix it. All it is a recall and a reprogram 
When was this? Mine was reprogrammed as well, but long before this announcement that they would have a fix in 7-10 days for it.....

• Like 1

Just now, kensseirra said:

They did the reprograming on my 2019 sierra did not fix it. All it is a recall and a reprogram 

Was this in the past week?  Originally the issue was thought to be resolved by removing moisture from the connector or a factory reset on the infotainment. They are claiming now that a fix has been applied to the code and that code needs to replace the existing. This was just announced today from what myself and others have heard from dealers. 

• Like 1

Its something to do with the radio, oil pressure, trailer controller. This was done friday 
Did your dealer contact you and mention this was a fix specifically for the cold weather stuff?

I think we are just trying to figure out if this was the update that people have had done, or if is THE new update just being released now with new code to fix the errors..