Cold weather errors (trailer connection & sensors)

My truck was there for oil change they did it on there own. They said they even replace the trailer switch said that was shorted out. Unless this is something that is just coming out this week that is new. The things they did to my truck didn't fix it.

My truck was there for oil change they did it on there own. They said they even replace the trailer switch said that was shorted out. Unless this is something that is just coming out this week that is new. The things they did to my truck didn't fix it.
I wonder if your paperwork has any info referencing the bulletin that was sent out by GM posted earlier in this thread?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Well, I would think if GM told the other guy today that the fix is coming in 7-10 days, the work they did to your truck @kensseirra , is probably not it. I think we’ve all been to the dealer to have the inspect the connector, etc. That was in the original TSB dated Jan 7th. Maybe they were just double checking that until the actual fix comes in.

I will be at the dealer in the next week to have my performance exhaust put on. Hoping they will have the program by then.

• Like 1

I hope they finally have a fix for this I started this in October
it’s been driving me crazy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I drove four hours straight with the screens cycling nonsense. It's definitely annoying as hell!

I tried adjusting my trip meter today and the non-stop alerts was just ridiculous

Hahah! I'm laughing WITH you...not AT you. [emoji23][emoji51]

Does anyone know if the errors are still just as prevalent if a trailer is really connected
I’m going on a snowmobile trip to Quebec Second week in March
I have not had the trailer actually connected to this truck yet

Yes you will still get  the error the whole time with the trailer. I even get check trailer lighting when towing my trailer. Stopped to look an tail lights are working fine.

Great thanks
I hope that this new fix works

My new 19 has many of the issues listed here. Have taken to the shop three times, got updates and very little help. Mine acts up in wet weather. A drive thru car wash lights up the park assist and get side detection unavailable. Lane assist only working once in awhile. Most say cold weather, is it wet and snowy? Could that be causing moisture? Seems to me the have a power bleed when wet. 

Talked to dealer yesterday.  Even knowing they say the fix will be ready in 7-11 days, they said that could be 30 days in GM time.  If anyone has gotten the reprogramming this week, has it worked? They also gave me what fuses to pull to stop this issue. These fuses are for the Power Source and Trailer Integration.  If you are going to be pulling anything, you CAN NOT pull these fuses, but is you are not you can.  The fuse numbers are 74 and 82.  I have not done this as of yet, if anyone does, can you post if this resolves this issue.  Wish GM would come out with a common message for everyone instead of giving different people different messages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajwineski said:

Talked to dealer yesterday.  Even knowing they say the fix will be ready in 7-11 days, they said that could be 30 days in GM time.  If anyone has gotten the reprogramming this week, has it worked? They also gave me what fuses to pull to stop this issue. These fuses are for the Power Source and Trailer Integration.  If you are going to be pulling anything, you CAN NOT pull these fuses, but is you are not you can.  The fuse numbers are 74 and 82.  I have not done this as of yet, if anyone does, can you post if this resolves this issue.  Wish GM would come out with a common message for everyone instead of giving different people different messages. 

My truck went in and came back yesterday with the "new fix". I am out of town so the wife took it in. She said the error popped up that morning and she did not experience that evening when they brought it back to her. I get back tomorrow and temps are supposed to be below 20 all weekend so I'll get it out this weekend for a better test.  Ironic this fix showed up right after I had a buy back request submitted and the attorney general's letter arrived at the dealership (submitted a complaint online to start procedures around the lemon law).  I am going to assume that since they are telling others 7-10 days that I may be part of their QA process on the new program... or they just took it in to buy some time. At this point neither would surprise me. 

• Like 1