2019 1500 (not-limited) Cold Air Intake availability?

Interesting I’ll see what they say I guess when I go by there. Did You call them? Did they no about it? 

I did call the dealer for an appointment specifically for the reprogramming of the new cold air intake and they told me a week day was necessary to get a hold of GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

I did call the dealer for an appointment specifically for the reprogramming of the new cold air intake and they told me a week day was necessary to get a hold of GM

I called today and made a appt for tomorrow morning.  I’ll let you know how it goes. 

23 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

I took my truck in this morning and got the update took about 3 hours or so but there was another transmission update also. All said truck drives great and has a nice growl to it when you get on the throttle. 

• Like 2

I’m surprised they don’t do something with the slot at the top of the grill for the cold air intake... there is a little removable piece of plastic there that looks like it could be removed... and the air intake is in that same area behind it on the driver side...

My guess is that it was designed to look cool and be similar to the styling of the intake on the HD Duramax... I suppose if it really did help and didn’t hurt aerodynamics much they probably would have done it with that CAI kit... 

• 2 months later...

The air gets pulled in from just under the front of the hood, I saw it the other day when I had to order a rubber grommet. I have installed the gym air intake and had it tunes and now the truck has a nice growl on acceleration, throttle response it good. Inside the CAI it’s has a honey comb stepped which I would believe speeds the air up. So far worth the money. Get it from Chevy car parts only 468.00

A tune is usually recommended with any CAI.

The issue right now is the only one that you CAN get tuned for is the GM one at the moment. I don’t believe anyone else is offering tuning for these as of yet.

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2018 at 8:47 AM, Jeffro19 said:

I just received my GM cold air intake. Gonna try to get It installed this weekend.  I’ll post pics once I have it installed. 

i know im a little late. but i just bought a LT Trailboss and am looking for an intake. i live in California so trying to buy the K&N is a little difficult at the moment. can we get an audio difference of the intake that you have? nobody has posted anything that i can find on youtube or anything..