Trailboss oversize tires

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My AT4 hasn't been delivered yet (getting the 18 inch rims), but have been investigating this also.

The best 2 looking 295/70/18's are the Nitto Ridge (34.29 diameter, 69 pounds) and the Cooper AT3 XLT (34.25 diameter, 61 pounds).

I have not seen the Coopers in person, and I'm concerned that they are not near as aggressive looking as the Nittos.

My other concern is the weight of the Nittos.

Like everyone else though, my main concern is if they will fit without modification or rubbing.

For those reasons, I'll likely go with the Nitto Ridge in the 285/70/18 - 33.98 inch diameter and 59.9 pounds

I'm still trolling for info/pics of AT4/TB with the 295/70/18's while I wait though...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Drew03Z said:

My AT4 hasn't been delivered yet (getting the 18 inch rims), but have been investigating this also.

The best 2 looking 295/70/18's are the Nitto Ridge (34.29 diameter, 69 pounds) and the Cooper AT3 XLT (34.25 diameter, 61 pounds).

I have not seen the Coopers in person, and I'm concerned that they are not near as aggressive looking as the Nittos.

Like everyone else though, my main concern is if they will fit without modification or rubbing.

For those reasons, I'll likely go with the Nitto Ridge in the 285/70/18 - 33.98 inch diameter and 59.9 pounds

I'm still trolling for info/pics of AT4/TB with the 295/70/18's while I wait though...

Keep in mind that the AT4 wheel wells are slightly smaller than the Trail Boss since they are more squared off.  One of the lift kits available even mentions that the AT4 cant run as big of a tire as a Trail Boss.  I am running 33.5sx12.5 on a stock height Trail Boss and they do rub but it's only very slightly.  If u are keeping the stock wheels, u should be fine though

Edited by z1boss

On 3/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, Drew03Z said:

Nitro Terra Grappler G2 in a 295/70 R18 can be bought in standard load. They are 51 pounds. 

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-terra-grappler-g2/p/32298

Edited by Cmillerjr

Yep, will be keeping the stock 18 inch rims.

the Nitto Terra Grappler is much less aggressive, that’s why so much lighter than the Ridge Grappler

the Arturo’s on that black TB above are 34.6 inches diameter and 11.5 wide per the Arturo website