Got my Leftover 18 Silverado

Well after months of research, I took home my 2018 Silverado LTZ CC yesterday.  I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been for me over the last few months.  There is an insane amount of detail and information on here and most of us could do circles around most dealer reps with our knowledge. 

To keep it brief, I procured a 2018 Silverado LTZ with the Sports Pkg (20" wheels and Bose), buckets and trailer brake.  I got over $13500 off MSRP of $51675.  This did not include the finance rebate  of $1500 as I paid cash.  This was an upgrade in trim over my 2016 LT.  Again, thanks to this forum, I got top of KBB "Very Good" for my 2016 Silverado trade.  The New England area is not close to these deals that people talk about on this forum from places like Laura, Howard Bentley, Rogers MN, etc.  However Banks Chevy in NH (again thanks to the forum for making me aware) an hour away from my house gave me this deal. 

I wanted to also thank Borntorun for his contribution on the Costco rebate discussion, which saved me an additional $500.  I had no idea expired, yet previous members could still be eligible for this. 

I drove it to my NH house today and it was great.  I'm swapping my Bakflip Revolver 2 tonneau this weekend.  I also got a discount on the spray in bedliner at the dealer.

Keep the info flowing haha!!!

Bob

black silverado.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the truck.  I totally agree with you on this site.  In my opinion it is the most helpful site of its kind out there.  Not tons of smart aleck responses on here but lots of guys who know a lot about GM trucks and don't care to share.  Been here since 2002 myself and can't begin to relate how much I've learned over the years.  Hope your new truck gives you many miles of happy motoring!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations!

I joined this forum over 10 years ago and keep coming back due to the valuable information that is shared and to help others as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, batman900 said:

Congrats! How did you get them to give KBB very good value? 

There was a thread on this forum talking about deals people got and the trades I thought were really high, so I asked people about it and several were getting KBB Very Good high end, which is unusual.  I just pushed for it after that and got it.  I would have settled for $1000 less actually, but didn't have to in the end.

Thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, outrag1 said:

There was a thread on this forum talking about deals people got and the trades I thought were really high, so I asked people about it and several were getting KBB Very Good high end, which is unusual.  I just pushed for it after that and got it.  I would have settled for $1000 less actually, but didn't have to in the end.

Thanks

You'll love the added LTZ features, they will spoil you.  Good looking truck and a nice price.  Don't forget to change your signature!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You'll love the added LTZ features, they will spoil you.  Good looking truck and a nice price.  Don't forget to change your signature!

Funny you should mention that as I'm already liking the upgrade in trim.  Honestly, I was very satisfied with my LT All Star for a couple years, but couldn't resist going up in trim with these prices.  Will do on the Sig...

Thanks