Silverado Rough Ride

I agree with the tire pressure, I don't know why but my dealership had it 10 above the recommended psi and it really affected the handling.

Now that I have it down to recommended levels, it has greatly improved but there's still room for more improvement.

My '19 RST was a really nasty ride especially when hitting those freeze joints in the road. I added some weight to the rear of bed using a Shurtrax water bag and the ride smoothed out considerably.  Still jolts around and at times when hitting things like pot holes or man hole covers it can bounce almost to the point of losing complete traction. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, Wiggums said:

I agree with the tire pressure, I don't know why but my dealership had it 10 above the recommended psi and it really affected the handling.

Now that I have it down to recommended levels, it has greatly improved but there's still room for more improvement.

They set them high at factory to help with flat spotting.  Dealers are supposed to reset.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 7:58 PM, Thomcat said:

Boils down to a matter whether to believe either one of them or my lying eyes. To early to check replacement numbers, so next time at the dealer, it's flat on my back pulling numbers off the springs of a '20 RST for comparison against mine. Other models too.

Checked the '19s, all US Vin "1"s on the lot  all LT, RST and LTZs had the same suspensions with the same rear leaf springs  84469 777 all the Z71 Rancho shock variants had 84469 779...  A little weirded out, all said "Made in Mexico" instead of "Hecho en Mexico", winder how the "3" VINs are labeled? Only on 20 in stock, a loaded LTZ in the showroom quick looked like had the same numbered  777 spring but wasn't about to creep out customers by getting underneath with a camera to take a good look and photo......I'll wait until they get a new shipment stored on the lot.

DSCN0444.JPG

DSCN0446.JPG

DSCN0440.JPG

• Like 1

Three different so far for '19s:  base ver. LT, RST = 777   Z71 opt.= 779   TB opt. = 780.  I'm guessing the higher the number suffix, the more HD the spring for off road use suspensions

Anyone got the 778?   Customs?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Three different so far for '19s:  base ver. LT, RST = 777   Z71 opt.= 779   TB opt. = 780.  I'm guessing the higher the number suffix, the more HD the spring for off road use suspensions

Anyone got the 778?   Customs?

?‍♂️

LTZ CC NHT

AABA4E45-EDF7-4F8B-94F4-BF419572B625.thumb.jpeg.8fbe78c97bae182aff7b23b351f48dbf.jpeg

• Like 2

Over the last 4000 miles my Z71 ride has improved quite a bit.  Within those were some trips to the home improvement store, and a long camping trip that required traversing some rough road, so while I haven't had the payload maxed by any stretch, I have had about 1000 lbs. in the truck (passengers and gear or just stuff.)  

• Like 1