Over the Air Update

Last night I turned off my truck and an alert popped up on the Radio screen say there is an update available, would I like to update, update will take 10 minutes and vehicle can be off during update. I selected update now and locked and left the truck. I came back about an hour later and radio said update complete but my radio setting were all kinds of strange, I was using the Spotify app, when I started the truck is was on "AUX", camera setting were changed and the fan speed was on high, kinda odd? I changed things back to where I had them and all has been good since. Any ideas as to what was updated? And Why? 

I had this happen this morning on my truck.  I was in a hurry so I gave it the go ahead and later I checked in the settings and found there was an infotainment update performed this morning.  Everything was the same on all of my screens.

1 hour ago, GMC-AT said:

V507 for me.. I check for new updates daily. Sill haven't seen V509 - maybe it's just for the highest trim levels like High Country and Denali. 

I am still on 507 and I have a High Country and I purchased in Sept. I wonder how they determine who gets it and when.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, steve841 said:

I got it Friday ...  and as usual  no release notes. 

What a joke.

I didn't stay and watch the update on my last update, but I did on the one before and during it, it did say what the update was for.

• 2 months later...

quick question. Searched and came up with nothing. Spotify app downloaded via the radio. Where does the data come from when using the app. Is it Sirius related, is it the data from the GM Service, is it via my cell phones data (not Android Auto). Just trying to figure this out. Thanks.

If you have the GM Data plan it comes from that, without the GM Data plan you need to hot spot the truck to your cell phone, then you'll be getting the data from your cell plan and you will be using the app in the truck to play and display the songs.

5 hours ago, eppieguy said:

If you have the GM Data plan it comes from that, without the GM Data plan you need to hot spot the truck to your cell phone, then you'll be getting the data from your cell plan and you will be using the app in the truck to play and display the songs.

Ok. thanks.