Disable TMPS System

That's going to require a tuner. Any time you edit the stock tune you jeopardize your warranty in the case of part failure. Some dealers will try to **** you if they ever find out you've tuned it. Doesn't matter if your just turning off tpms, they will still classify it as a tune and potentially void the warranty. Now if you have a good relationship with your service department they might be nice.

Option 1: find a handheld tuner online that will disable tpms. I generally despise handheld tuners. Cheaper

Option 2: find a local tuner that can do it. Since you have already put your warranty in jeopardy, might as well get the tuner to do a street tune for performance and efficiency. More expensive

7 hours ago, dsr611 said:

If truck is the one in the OP's profile info (2007 MY)...warranty is long gone

Yes, drs611 it's 2007 model. I read on the internet that in America it is illegal to disable the tpms system, but I don't have this problem because I live in Qatar. The tpms don't have a little separate ECU, or are "inside" the body computer (BCM)? 

Yes, drs611 it's 2007 model. I read on the internet that in America it is illegal to disable the tpms system, but I don't have this problem because I live in Qatar. The tpms don't have a little separate ECU, or are "inside" the body computer (BCM)? 

No from what I understand it’s built into the bcm. So you’d have to turn it off by tuning, the device that was linked here, or buy tpms sensors and put them in pressurized pvc tubes and leave them somewhere in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Harleydude64 said:

I bought a BTDiesel autosync, Google it, comes with sweet features and bought an OBD 2 splitter to contine to use my cts monitor at sametime. Staired at that orange light for 5 years ?

But need to keep it in the obd2 socket, or after the "reprogramming" I can remove it?

5 minutes ago, casey.mikl said:

That thing looks pretty cool. Think I might be ordering one pretty soon. Like the idea of the 3rd brake light flash and all the other cool stuff it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, really cool to be able to roll windows down with key fob too lol, it's only $200 and never worry about buying sensors again, and yes the flashing lights thing is absolutely killer especially up here in Canada during storms on side of the highway.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:19 AM, ferrif97 said:

TPMS system is integral to the remote control door lock receiver on 2007-2013 trucks.  AKA, the keyless entry module.