2018 Leftover

So my buddy is looking for a new 2018 truck to take advantage of the current deals.... I look around every few months for what trucks are out there, and what kind of deals are out at different times of the year, but for some reason there are no blue trucks any more...Was that color on constraint and they stopped using it?? Same thing with the NHT package... I havent seen an NHT package on a dealers lot since early summer... 

When I bought my truck last year Lauras has probably 60 trucks with the NHT package and since the fall they dont have any at all...Did Gm discontinue some colors and packages

Lauras doesnt even have any blue trucks at all either..They have over 200 2018 trucks on the lot and nothing in blue...Every dealership website I go to has nothing in blue....Just seems strange

16 minutes ago, ajensen383 said:

So my buddy is looking for a new 2018 truck to take advantage of the current deals.... I look around every few months for what trucks are out there, and what kind of deals are out at different times of the year, but for some reason there are no blue trucks any more...Was that color on constraint and they stopped using it?? Same thing with the NHT package... I havent seen an NHT package on a dealers lot since early summer... 

When I bought my truck last year Lauras has probably 60 trucks with the NHT package and since the fall they dont have any at all...Did Gm discontinue some colors and packages

Lauras doesnt even have any blue trucks at all either..They have over 200 2018 trucks on the lot and nothing in blue...Every dealership website I go to has nothing in blue....Just seems strange

Popular color, maybe they did not make a ton of them for the 18 model year. This late, especially with the 19's on the lot, there won't be a lot of choice for the 18's. You only see a little bit of the hood (color) when you drive, have him look for a truck with interior options that he can not live without, (mainly what you see when you are driving).

My local dealer had a few blue 18's last time I looked.  These trucks are no longer being produced so choices are limited.  I agree with JimCost2014 that colour should drop on the priority list.  When your buddy finds a truck equipped and priced the way he likes, its colour will become his new favourite!  If money is the driver for buying an '18 then dealing on old stock on your local dealer's lot will be the best price.  I'm now debating the differences between buying high trim level '18 vs a mid trim level '19.  If colour was the deciding factor, then this choice would be easy!

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

My local dealer had a few blue 18's last time I looked.  These trucks are no longer being produced so choices are limited.  I agree with JimCost2014 that colour should drop on the priority list.  When your buddy finds a truck equipped and priced the way he likes, its colour will become his new favourite!  If money is the driver for buying an '18 then dealing on old stock on your local dealer's lot will be the best price.  I'm now debating the differences between buying high trim level '18 vs a mid trim level '19.  If colour was the deciding factor, then this choice would be easy!

Hes not concerned about color choices, It was more an observation on my part when helping him look to see whats out there... When I bought mine, there were a good selection of all colors, but it just seemed from about mid year on there wasnt many blue ones left.. so i didnt know if GM stopped producing that color after a certain point in the year. 

Same thing with the NHT package, I find none available... Even at Lauras.. they had tons of them mid year and the most recent batch of trucks they got in ( late summer), none of them have the NHT package, so I wasnt sure if GM just stopped offering the package

He put a deposit down on a Red quartz one today at Lauras... The last one left with the premium plus package...They did really good on his trade without even seeing it, so props to them.

I prefer the 18 over the 19 looks wise...even the interior I like better in my 18...  I checked out a 19 when we were buying my wife a new traverse and I wasnt really blown away by anything the 19 had to offer to make me want it over my 18....Personally I think the 19 chevys have more of a rounded car like exterior comapred to the 18s

As time goes on choices get limited. I would think blue was a favorite and so it sold fast so that is why there are not many around.  The NHT is a limited item to start with so finding one this late will be a challenge per say.  But from what I see they are offering some great deals out there on the left over 18's.

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

As time goes on choices get limited. I would think blue was a favorite and so it sold fast so that is why there are not many around.  The NHT is a limited item to start with so finding one this late will be a challenge per say.  But from what I see they are offering some great deals out there on the left over 18's.

Yeah thats a possibility...I just thought it was strange with the amount of inventory Lauras and Everett GMC have they have none left...

Anyway... Yeah he got $14,425 off sticker from Lauras pretty good deal for a truck with all the options this late in the game..

Ive been watching prices since I bought mine in Feb 2018 ( i got $15,540 off) ... and the highest amount off was in June at $15,700, so this isnt too bad considering...

From what i have noticed the past few years GM stops giving really good discounts on previous year left overs in once we get into Feb/march, and sometime you can get the new model for less...We just got my wifes 2019 traverse cheaper or just about the same as we could have gotten a leftover 2018... 

1 hour ago, Prong said:

Last spring when I went to order an 18, I was going to get a blue one myself. According to Donlen, they discontinued the blue in March if I remember correctly.

When I bought mine in October, there were several blue units available at Laura.  No way they lasted there that long, so that can't be correct.  

When its gets near to the end of the model run they limit options dealers can get.  They call them pattern orders. I noticed local dealer got about 10 left and they are almost identical in option content and limited to certain common popular colors.  Since they order paint in large qtys they are not about to replenish colors if production is going to end in a few months.  Simple common business sense.  Red, white and black always sell but trendy colors go out of style. 

Here's one if you are looking. PS - Its got a 6.2L engine. Judging by the low VIN ( 3GTU2NEJ8JG123925 ) and dealer stock number 180004 its been there for a long time, probably a year +.

Internet Price $46,759

MSRP $56,760

18576269488x640.jpg

Edited by elcamino

4 hours ago, Prong said:

Last spring when I went to order an 18, I was going to get a blue one myself. According to Donlen, they discontinued the blue in March if I remember correctly.

Thanks... Thats the information i was looking for.... I tried checking Donlen as well but only has 2019 info.. 

3 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

When I bought mine in October, there were several blue units available at Laura.  No way they lasted there that long, so that can't be correct.  

Depending on when Laura puts their orders in , the trucks that you saw on their website may have been made before the cutoff date, and by the time they got made ans shipped and finally put on the website , some could still be there in october. but that was the last of them..

When I bought mine there was a blue all-terrain version there that was still there months after most of all the other blue ones were gone. it was strange, why didnt anyone want this truck??? ...Eventually it sold, but it was on the website for months..

2 hours ago, elcamino said:

When its gets near to the end of the model run they limit options dealers can get.  They call them pattern orders. I noticed local dealer got about 10 left and they are almost identical in option content and limited to certain common popular colors.  Since they order paint in large qtys they are not about to replenish colors if production is going to end in a few months.  Simple common business sense.  Red, white and black always sell but trendy colors go out of style. 

Here's one if you are looking. PS - Its got a 6.2L engine. Judging by the low VIN ( 3GTU2NEJ8JG123925 ) and dealer stock number 180004 its been there for a long time, probably a year +.

Internet Price $46,759

MSRP $56,760

18576269488x640.jpg

Makes sense, if they are not going to carry over certain colors to the new model year, once they are out of that color, they wont get any more paint in and whats left is all there is.. You are right, red , white and black are always the most common colors

Thanks for the lead, but he already put a deposit down on a Red Quartz one at Lauras