Will 33x12.5r20 fit on leveled truck?

Hey Guys I was looking to see if any of you have any experience with 33/12.5/20 on a leveled truck?  I am looking at getting Fuel Maverick 20x10 with -24 Offset and I have the 2" Rough Country leveling kit.  There is a truck on custom offsets that seems to be running this combination and report that they have no rubbing or fitment issues just wanted to get some second opinions!  Thanks guys!!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/435696/2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-maverick-proryde-leveling-kit

21 minutes ago, 14 Silvy said:

It will rub the rear of the front fenders. I had that setup with a 2.5 level and ended up ripping the plastic protector off the drivers fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think the biggest I could go without rubbing with those wheels?

2 hours ago, Sean006 said:

I have this set up your looking at. 

No rub on any fender. Only the sway bar at full lock I may get half inch spacers to take care of it. But def no rub to the fender. 

X 2.  Have no rub with 2" front level.  

GMC All Terrain Avi.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Guys I was looking to see if any of you have any experience with 33/12.5/20 on a leveled truck?  I am looking at getting Fuel Maverick 20x10 with -24 Offset and I have the 2" Rough Country leveling kit.  There is a truck on custom offsets that seems to be running this combination and report that they have no rubbing or fitment issues just wanted to get some second opinions!  Thanks guys!!

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/435696/2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-maverick-proryde-leveling-kit

No if, and, or buts about it. With a -24 offset on a x10 wheel and 33x12.50’s with only a 2” level... You will definitely have RUB!

7 hours ago, JCKustoms said:

No if, and, or buts about it. With a -24 offset on a x10 wheel and 33x12.50’s with only a 2” level... You will definitely have RUB!

Maybe I'm understanding things wrong but the higher negative offset means less backspacing means the tire is moved out further from the truck right?  Wouldn't that make it less likely to rub?

No way a 20x10 with -24 is not going to rub with that tire size. Your max size tire would be a  285/55/20 and with just a 2" level that would likely rub also. 

I ran 10x20 -19 with a 295/55/20 with 4" of lift on my 2013 GMC and had to do a large Nor Cal. to clear the inner fender.

On my 2018 with a 2 1/2" level, I was running a 285/60/20 on a 20x9 0 offset and rubbed the inner fender quite hard until I zip tied the liner back and trimmed the plastic flap.

A 20x10 -24 wheel has a 4 1/2" backspace. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2019 at 6:27 AM, Sean006 said:

I have this set up your looking at. 

No rub on any fender. Only the sway bar at full lock I may get half inch spacers to take care of it. But def no rub to the fender. 

Perfect! I got 17x9 -38mm pro comp wheels. And a pre runner front bumper. Should clear 33x12.5 nicely!

front has a 2 inch level rear is stock.

Edited by Alan Bowman
Leveling kit

On 11/2/2021 at 6:43 AM, Alan Bowman said:

Perfect! I got 17x9 -38mm pro comp wheels. And a pre runner front bumper. Should clear 33x12.5 nicely!

front has a 2 inch level rear is stock.

The rear will work fine.
With the -38 wheels, not yet installed, on a 2" level with 33.8x12 tires, keep us updated.
In my experience, you're gonna have issues.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

The rear will work fine.
With the -38 wheels, not yet installed, on a 2" level with 33.8x12 tires, keep us updated.
In my experience, you're gonna have issues.

Yeah I ordered 305 70 r17 (33.8x12) -38 offset. Wheels and rims will go on together. Hoping the prerunner gives me enough clearance. I did the math with the width gain about 1.2 inches but the rims pull it out 1.45 inches so I’m still negative .25 so I’ll keep in touch once I get everything together! Should have everything by Friday but I want to order tpms. Found them on eBay for 50$ matched the part numbers so that’s cool. Online they’re 25-50$ per. lol 

I have heard of people running 36x12 on a level. Ive also read the newer trucks have slightly larger wheel wells. 

21 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

I have heard of people running 36x12 on a level.

I'm running 35x12.5 BFG ATs on a 3" level (with Motofab controll arms) and a 1.5" body lift along with a 1" Bilstien shock lift.
That's 5.5" (rears are a 1" block lift and a 1.5" spring lift, as well as the 1" Bilstein shock lift.)
My 35s are close but the Bilsteins help control the articulation.
My wheels are stock +24. With -38 wheels on a 2" level, you'll be hitting the rear of the fender, maybe not the front since you've already modified the front of the front fender, I guess, with the prerunner bumper?
If you haven't, you will rub.

21 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

read the newer trucks have slightly larger wheel wells. 

Yes they do - 2019 and beyond, excluding the LDs.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 21-35-57 2017 Silverado Update - YouTube.png

Link to the screen capture:

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I'm running 35x12.5 BFG ATs on a 3" level (with Motofab controll arms) and a 1.5" body lift along with a 1" Bilstien shock lift.
That's 5.5" (rears are a 1" block lift and a 1.5" spring lift, as well as the 1" Bilstein shock lift.)
My 35s are close but the Bilsteins help control the articulation.
My wheels are stock +24. With -38 wheels on a 2" level, you'll be hitting the rear of the fender, maybe not the front since you've already modified the front of the front fender, I guess, with the prerunner bumper?
If you haven't, you will rub.

Yes they do - 2019 and beyond, excluding the LDs.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 21-35-57 2017 Silverado Update - YouTube.png

Link to the screen capture:

I guess we’ll see. Should I throw on a block lift on the rear? I’d only do an inch. But I guess we’ll see. I do believe we’ll fit.

yes pre runner front bumper. I chopped the plastic to the metal. 

Edited by Alan Bowman

16 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

I guess we’ll see. Should I throw on a block lift on the rear? I’d only do an inch. But I guess we’ll see. I do believe we’ll fit.

yes pre runner front bumper. I chopped the plastic to the metal. 

I guess we'll see. With a 2" level, you don't need a rear block. I did the rear 1" block and 1.5" spring lift because I hate a squat. Again, in my experience, if you want to stay out of trouble, a 2" level won't work well on -38 wheels with a 2" level.
I hope you have a different experience.
It took me a long time to get where I am today, next, it's a true 7" lift with 37s but that will be next year - I'm happy at the moment.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1