Will 33x12.5r20 fit on leveled truck?

18 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

I guess we'll see. Again, in my experience, if you want to stay out of trouble, a 2" level won't work well on -38 wheels with a 2" level.

So I just went and scooped it out. Your right the front is fine I may have to rip out the liner but the back is not. I’m going to need to raise it an inch to clean. Maybe 2 for good measure. But why not 2.5 yolo. Than I should be set if that doesn’t work. I’ll throw on an inch body lift.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

Maybe 2 for good measure. But why not 2.5 yolo. Than I should be set if that doesn’t work. I’ll throw on an inch body lift.

Once you go above 2" level, you're gonna want to replace the upper control arms (UCAs) with something more suitable than stock.
The body lift is a good idea for insurance with bigger tires and bigger minus wheel offset but they are a bit of a pain to install. Trust me, one doesn't just "throw one on."

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Once you go above 2" level, you're gonna want to replace the upper control arms (UCAs) with something more suitable than stock.
The body lift is a good idea for insurance with bigger tires and bigger minus wheel offset but they are a bit of a pain to install. Trust me, one doesn't just "throw one on."

So 2 inch level in front with 1 inch body lift I need new UCAs?

4 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

So 2 inch level in front with 1 inch body lift I need new UCAs?

That's not what I typed.
If you go above a 2" level, you'll need replacement UCAs.
The body lift involves not only getting the body lift installed but raising the bumpers to match.
One can not just "throw it on."
Sorry you misunderstood or if I wasn't clear.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

That's not what I typed.
If you go above a 2" level, you'll need replacement UCAs.
The body lift involves not only getting the body lift installed but raising the bumpers to match.
One can not just "throw it on."
Sorry you misunderstood or if I wasn't clear.

Ordered a 3 inch rear block lift with new shocks. Should be the difference. If I have to throw on a 1.5 inch body lift I seen one for my truck. Which would also require me to buy UCA. But, after that point I could prolly fit 35s honestly.

I also seen the NorCal mod. But idk about all that.

Edited by Alan Bowman

18 hours ago, Alan Bowman said:

Ordered a 3 inch rear block lift with new shocks. Should be the difference. If I have to throw on a 1.5 inch body lift I seen one for my truck. Which would also require me to buy UCA. But, after that point I could prolly fit 35s honestly.

I also seen the NorCal mod. But idk about all that.

Why are you posting the same item on multiple sections of this site?

• Like 1

In my defense it is slightly different. I feel like im the only one on here. I got your attention 😉 no prettt pumped tho. First v8 and it retails double my old wrangler 😉 can’t fit as large of tires but that’s aiit. Motor and tranny are heart.

8 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

In my defense it is slightly different. I feel like im the only one on here. I got your attention 😉 no prettt pumped tho. First v8 and it retails double my old wrangler 😉 can’t fit as large of tires but that’s aiit. Motor and tranny are heart.

So Alan,

What exactly are we doing  with your truck?

I'm confused too many threads 😕

Lifting? Level kit? 33s? 35s?

Be clear. 

• Like 1

Just now, dieselfan1 said:

So Alan,

What exactly are we doing  with your truck?

I'm confused too many threads 😕

Lifting? Level kit? 33s? 35s?

Be clear. 

That was part of my problem. I ordered some tires 305 70 17. Should be almost 34x12. (They we’re a good price) I have the front leveled 2 inches. I just came to the conclusion I’ll be short on the rear so I got a 3 inch block lift with new shocks in the mail. Rims came today. 17x9 -38 mm offset. I got the tires. I ordered some tpms so i gotta wait for them. 
BUT, the tires I measured out at just short of 33.5x11 but size on the tire is 305 70 17. Reguardless it’s in my favor. 
I may have lucked out this time. If I need to trim the front I may but it’s already trimmed with a prerunner bumper. So just waiting for the tpms. To get the tires mounted.

my rear lift should be here any day maybe tomm than I’ll slap it on quick. 
mid I would have bought 10 ply American made tires im sure they would have been the 34x12 and I would be even more short but I’m thinking we’ll be aiit. Worse case scenario get a body lift or raise the front another inch. Was trying to avoid UCAs but I like but tires. What’s 200$?! I don’t wanna lift to high not sure where you come into driveline problems. Jeeps are just over 3 inches. I believe trucks are 6?

2 hours ago, Alan Bowman said:

That was part of my problem. I ordered some tires 305 70 17. Should be almost 34x12. (They we’re a good price) I have the front leveled 2 inches. I just came to the conclusion I’ll be short on the rear so I got a 3 inch block lift with new shocks in the mail. Rims came today. 17x9 -38 mm offset. I got the tires. I ordered some tpms so i gotta wait for them. 
BUT, the tires I measured out at just short of 33.5x11 but size on the tire is 305 70 17. Reguardless it’s in my favor. 
I may have lucked out this time. If I need to trim the front I may but it’s already trimmed with a prerunner bumper. So just waiting for the tpms. To get the tires mounted.

my rear lift should be here any day maybe tomm than I’ll slap it on quick. 
mid I would have bought 10 ply American made tires im sure they would have been the 34x12 and I would be even more short but I’m thinking we’ll be aiit. Worse case scenario get a body lift or raise the front another inch. Was trying to avoid UCAs but I like but tires. What’s 200$?! I don’t wanna lift to high not sure where you come into driveline problems. Jeeps are just over 3 inches. I believe trucks are 6?

Those are going to rub for sure. Too much offset.

2" in front isn't enough.

You may clear the prerunner bumper but not the back of the wheel well.

Easy way out is a 1.5" body lift. You can still run the stock UCA's most likely 

Mike BMW has one on his to get about 5" total lift. 

I also have a 1.5 " body lift on mine and a Mcgaughys 9" lift for 10.5" total lift running 38x13.50x20 Trail Grapplers. Stock drivshafts. No problems.

My wheels are 20x10-19.

BTW you can easily lift these trucks 13.5" and run 40s if you have deep enough pockets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Those are going to rub for sure. Too much offset.

2" in front isn't enough.

You may clear the prerunner bumper but not the back of the wheel well.

Easy way out is a 1.5" body lift. You can still run the stock UCA's most likely 

Mike BMW has one on his to get about 5" total lift. 

I also have a 1.5 " body lift on mine and a Mcgaughys 9" lift for 10.5" total lift running 38x13.50x20 Trail Grapplers. Stock drivshafts. No problems.

My wheels are 20x10-19.

BTW you can easily lift these trucks 13.5" and run 40s if you have deep enough pockets. 

Damn that’s nuts. New to me. Hopefully they fit. Could chop em. But yes I did ponder the body lift. But if my front is up 2 inches and I raise the body 1.5 I need new UCA? 

otherwise I could just raise the front to 3 inches and call it good.

And what about the diff drop?

33 minutes ago, Alan Bowman said:

Damn that’s nuts. New to me. Hopefully they fit. Could chop em. But yes I did ponder the body lift. But if my front is up 2 inches and I raise the body 1.5 I need new UCA? 

otherwise I could just raise the front to 3 inches and call it good.

And what about the diff drop?

Have you just ignored all my replies to your many questions?
No UCA with a body lift, it only raises the body, not the suspension.
Once you go above a 2" level, you'll need to replace the UCAs.
A 3" level, with an appropriate  UCA replacement will be fine.
Diff drop is important when you get a 4" lift or such.
Have you read anything I posted in your many posts?
You can push the rear as high as you want as long as you have the correct shocks and mounts.
I'm not really sure, at this point what you are attempting to do other than spam this forum while ignoring the advice already offered.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

You can push the rear as high as you want as long as you have the correct shocks and mounts.
I'm not really sure, at this point what you are attempting to do other than spam this forum while ignoring the advice already offered.

I’m not going to sit here and argue. Yes I took all knowledge in. Maybe you didn’t read? But reguardless. I got most of the info I need. I guess we’ll see how the truck turns out. Can’t go anywhere but forward!

also, this forum seems to have a lot of technical glitches. It wouldn’t let me on the other day.

Edited by Alan Bowman
Glitches

11 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Can you clarify? 
so 2.5 inches in the front they say new upper control arms. 
if I have 2 inches in the front and I put on a 1.5 inch body lift do I need the upper arms? As that would be 3.5 inches?

What were you saying about suspension vs body? They’re different? So I only need new upper arms if I get a 3 inch suspension lift?