Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
xl_cheese

Can't look past Odd Diagonal Fender Line

Recommended Posts

I really want to like the look of the new truck.  For some reason I fixate on the swoopy fender line on the side and just can't convince myself to like it.  I think it's because swoopy lines are the latest fad on cars. 

 

  p4pb16836145.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen it in person? Don't fixate on a picture; either of a woman or a car, they both look much different (and usually better) live!

 

The curves make it look more rugged. That picture I find stunning, and I hated the previous gen, especially those squared off wheel wells. Funny how different things appeal to different people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Body color can make a world of difference also.

Or, just go buy a RAM.

After-all, they do have the "nicest" interior in the biz! :loser:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, xl_cheese said:

I really want to like the look of the new truck.  For some reason I fixate on the swoopy fender line on the side and just can't convince myself to like it.  I think it's because swoopy lines are the latest fad on cars. 

 

  p4pb16836145.jpg

That swoop mark is an unnecessary add-on and looks ridiculous.  Just like the air vents above the ends of the front bumpers, and so many other details on these new GM trucks.  They were too worried about swoops, side mirrors on doors, 6-way tailgates (a solution to a problem nobody but the GM designers saw) on the outside, but mostly carried over the interior, and have the worst transmission programming, ride quality, and real-world fuel mileage in the business.  Go figure.    

Edited by MaverickZ71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wanderer said:

Have you seen it in person? Don't fixate on a picture; either of a woman or a car, they both look much different (and usually better) live!

 

The curves make it look more rugged. That picture I find stunning, and I hated the previous gen, especially those squared off wheel wells. Funny how different things appeal to different people.

Yep.  Sometimes vehicles look better in person than they do in pictures.  But for me, this one wasn't any better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The swoop annoys me because they have it on the cars and it’s almost like it’s a cookie cutter style they have to apply across the board. I can live with it, but the aero curtains are still my biggest gripe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. Somebody photoshopped it on another thread with a straight line connecting to the rear half and it made a world of difference. It made it look so much more aggressive and complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DEV1ST8R said:

I agree. Somebody photoshopped it on another thread with a straight line connecting to the rear half and it made a world of difference. It made it look so much more aggressive and complete.

That was me. I’d have to see if I still have it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm available if you need a new designer, Mary. :cool:

2019-silverado1500-piccrsh-2lt-gan-colorizer-2.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-27 https www chevrolet com(1).png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DTB said:

I'm available if you need a new designer, Mary. :cool:

2019-silverado1500-piccrsh-2lt-gan-colorizer-2.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-27 https www chevrolet com(1).png

 

No.  Now you've lost the cohesiveness that follows the headlight.  Don't quit your dayjob. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newdude said:

 

No.  Now you've lost the cohesiveness that follows the headlight.  Don't quit your dayjob. 

I actually think it looks better.  😁 either way his day job is safe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe keep a little bit of the arc.  

 

p4pb16837746.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, xl_cheese said:

Maybe keep a little bit of the arc.  

 

p4pb16837746.jpg

Perfect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, DTB said:

I'm available if you need a new designer, Mary. :cool:

 

Screenshot_2018-10-27 https www chevrolet com(1).png

 

 This fixes all 3 of my exterior complaints. I would be a buyer had they went this route!

The mirrors moved to the door panels while doing nothing with the space in the corner of the window looks terrible. 

Not a fan of the arc or it needs to disappear before rolling the wave or what ever down the door. 

The air curtain appearance is polarizing. 

 

Sierra has the same issue with the mirrors, gaudy weirdness around the air curtain/fog light & funky wheel wells. 

 

I have always been a GM person. Read my previous posts. Am not bashing GM or anyone's personal vehicle. 

But just am not liking their design direction on most of the line up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I love the look and held off buying a Chevy because of the square fender wells.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.