TMPS Sensor Help

Just bought a set of wheels and tires and im looking to order a set of sensors for them. It looks like theres two different one 433MHz and 315MHz. How can i find out which one my truck takes? 2018 Silverado Custom 4x4 Factory Black Aluminum 20's with the steel 17" Spare. Thanks

Is there any code inside the glove box or anything that would help identify which is which. I'm wanting to leave the sensors in my factory wheels and put a new set in my new wheels an tires. The few tire shops I've talked to back here want to charge me two take the sensors out put valve stems in and balance them then mount and balance the new ones so I'd be paying 20-25 per wheels x8 so I figure the 100 I would save would almost buy me a spare set of sensors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Call GM. Give them your VIN and they should be able to tell you.

I would be willing to bet it's the 315hz. I would just order those and relearn them to your truck before you put them in the wheels to make sure they all work anyways

Edited by jaxcam02
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, kickass audio said:

I would reach out to GM and have them give you a free build sheet unless you have the sheet that shows all the options from the factory. On my 14 it shows an option for 315mhz for my tpms system.

Good idea, email them at [email protected] give them your VIN and they will send you a build sheet document free. Mine are the 315mhz:

XL7 - FREQUENCY RATING 315 MHz