Sierra Option Frustration

TimW_59

I much prefer the Sierra over the Silverado, but it looks like I may be forced into the Chevrolet because of option issues.  I want a 2019 with the 3.42 rear end and the 6.2 engine with at least the SLT trim and HUD display.  However, it turns out you absolutely cannot get the HUD in a SLT.  It requires Denali or AT-4.  That would be ok with me, but you can’t get the 3.42 rear end in the Denali or AT-4.  So I’m screwed there.  In the Chevrolet Silverado you can get all the above in a fully dressed LTZ.  Why does GMC make it so hard to option a truck?  There appear to be cool new colors in the GMC that aren’t on the Chevy.  I wish someone at GM could explain the logic.

Edited by TimW_59

Exactly why I went Silverado. For what it’s worth, they share all of the colors except Smokey Quartz (GMC only) and Oakwood (Chevy only). Both are sort of earthy tones that I didn’t care for anyway. Look at some Chevys in person and see what you think. I didn’t much care for the Chevy either from just viewing it online, but I like them both equally now.

As far as the reason why you can’t get it on the SLT, I’m sure it comes down to them pushing everyone into the top trims. Unfortunately on the GMC side that means if you want EVERYTHING, you have to deal with reduced towing and payload in the AT4 and Denali.

Edited by OnTheReel

39 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Exactly why I went Silverado. For what it’s worth, they share all of the colors except Smokey Quartz (GMC only) and Oakwood (Chevy only). Both are sort of earthy tones that I didn’t care for anyway. Look at some Chevys in person and see what you think. I didn’t much care for the Chevy either from just viewing it online, but I like them both equally now.

As far as the reason why you can’t get it on the SLT, I’m sure it comes down to them pushing everyone into the top trims. Unfortunately on the GMC side that means if you want EVERYTHING, you have to deal with reduced towing and payload in the AT4 and Denali.

Glad to know I’m not alone.  I have a ‘14 with the 3.42 now and it is almost not enough for some of my towing needs.  I would like a 2500HD, but I don’t know if I can stomach the long term maintenance and hate to give up my half ton ride quality and comfort.  I had a 2004 HD gas burner before and wish I had kept it instead of trading it in.  The Chevy is ok in half ton, but the new HD’s are really hard to look at.