AT4 Wheel Selection

gbaker68

For all you AT4 owners, did you pick 18's or 20's and why. There is only one AT4 on the lots where I live and it has the 20in wheels. I haven't been able to see one in person with 18s. I'm planning on buying out of state and was hoping I'd see/drive both before I travel.

I am not an AT4 owner but I would opt for the 18" wheels with DuraTrac tires.

After all this is an "Off Road" package right?

The 20" wheel and less aggressive P type or All Terrain tire just looks funny on such a best, IMHO.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88junior said:

When I bought my AT4, there were several of both on the lot. The 18s looked better to me so that's what I went with. Not that the 20s were bad. Just not as aggressive on a truck designed like the AT4.

I'm leaning 18's. Would like to see them before in person though. Some of the pics/video angles they look a bit undersized for the vehicle. How are the duratracs for road noise?

Edited by gbaker68

I'm not a fan of the rims at all. But I think the 20s are super ugly. I got the eighteens with the standard tire as I plan on pulling them off the vehicle when the weather breaks in 2 months. Why spend a lot of money on something that I don't like and I can buy a cheaper myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wanted an AT4 fully loaded, so the only option were 20's.

My dealership was great to work with, and they fully credited me the MSRP on the 20" wheels and tires, and got me some Fuel wheels wrapped with 285/65/18 BFG KO2.

20181217_110825.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went with 20” wheels and swapped the stock Bridgestone AT for a Nitto Ridge Grappler. To me this is the best combo for a 70/30 mix of on/off road.

d92312dafedc69f4c48dcb5562c90ab4.jpg
What size tire? I want to get some nittos but worried about side lugs and going bigger. My goal would be 35sx 11.5 x20 but I will settle for 34x11.5.

2 hours ago, gbaker68 said:

I'm leaning 18's. Would like to see them before in person though. Some of the pics/video angles they look a bid undersized for the vehicle. How are the duratracs for road noise?

I don't have an AT4 but I have a Trail Boss and I totally think the tires are undersized for the truck.  I swapped mine out the 2nd week I got it.  I actually like the stock 20s better on the AT4 than the 18s but not the tires they come with.

What size tire? I want to get some nittos but worried about side lugs and going bigger. My goal would be 35sx 11.5 x20 but I will settle for 34x11.5.

Stock size 33”. Wasn’t interested in going bigger on the stock wheel , just wanted a more aggressive tire then the Bridgestone RHS it came with.

My wifes Tahoe RST has virtually the same wheels as the 20 inch AT4 but in a 22 inch wheel. She gets compliments on them all of the time and I really like them. Ironically I do not like them on the AT4 and would definitely go with the 18s...

I find it super lazy that GMC just raided Chevy's parts bin on a 60k+ truck. They basically called up the wheel manufacturer and told them to make the same wheel with a different center cap in a 20 inch wheel. 

39050253f44d1e0971c51d2868026275x.jpg?im

Edited by Chris walker

4 hours ago, gbaker68 said:

I'm leaning 18's. Would like to see them before in person though. Some of the pics/video angles they look a bit undersized for the vehicle. How are the duratracs for road noise?

Road noise isn't too bad. I dont notice it at highway speeds but its there in town around 30-35. Not unbearable though. I've gotten used to it