left rear turn signal

Help Please......

I have a 2014 Sierra 1500. I have a warning on the dash when I use the left turn signal, also the left side brake light does not work.  The left side tail lights work as does the back up light. The right side works fine.

Any idea where to start ?

Edited by Whatever64
thumb got in the way

5 hours ago, Racindave said:

Replace bulb?

not that easy..... there are two bulbs per side... both blowing at the same time ... not likely. anyways I swapped them with the good side and no change...

The tail light portion works but not the turn signal or brake light.

28 minutes ago, Whatever64 said:

Yes and the front flashes fine, just fast.

I was thinking of a flasher module for the turn signals (like older cars), but that feature is built into the BCM.

Are the sockets clean? Any visible damage to the wiring? How are the front bulbs?

10 minutes ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

I was thinking of a flasher module for the turn signals (like older cars), but that feature is built into the BCM.

Are the sockets clean? Any visible damage to the wiring? How are the front bulbs?

Fronts work, pulled apart connectors and sockets and they look good  No visible damage to the wiring.

Where do the tail light wires run. Do they run into the box by the spare tire. Maybe a bad connection there same spot that the bed lights plug into. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Where do the tail light wires run. Do they run into the box by the spare tire. Maybe a bad connection there same spot that the bed lights plug into. Just a thought.

Pulled off the connector and everything is clean. I had the truck sprayed with with RustStop  oil based  every year

How do you remove that box. I can not find an exploded view  anywhere

Not sure if it’s an actual box or a junction but I believe that’s where all the rear lighting plugs into 4 or 5 diff plugs. Could be a bad terminal inside a plug there. Do you have a trailer or lightbar you could plug into the 4 or 7 pin trailer plug see what that does.

11 hours ago, Whatever64 said:

not that easy..... there are two bulbs per side... both blowing at the same time ... not likely. anyways I swapped them with the good side and no change...

The tail light portion works but not the turn signal or brake light.

When you swapped bulbs, did you simply try the bulbs from the right on the left side or did you also test the left bulbs on the right side?  Work with the simple stuff first before you start taking things apart.  Next step I would do is as CadillacLuke24 suggested.  Buy some spray for electrical connections and give a good shot to the bulb connector. My truck behaved in a very similar manner shortly after purchase and the culprit was a bulb.  Every spring, I employ the use of my 53 year old utility trailer to do those dirty projects around the property.  A shot of WD40 in the plug, and some air in the tires puts this old girl to work!