Any LT Trail Boss Regrets?

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Anyone towed a travel trailer with a trail boss yet? I have a trail boss for an overnight test drive in my driveway right now. I am 6 ft tall and can barely reach over the bed and it is quite a hop into the bed. That extra 2 inches sure looks good but makes it harder to get stuff out of the bed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I haven't towed a travel trailer but I have towed with my trailboss. A few equipment trailers. One of those was a 26foot bumper pull weighing in at about 11k pounds. Cant say I'd reccomend over loading it like that but it did fine. I have air bags on mine though. 6 to 8k pound trailers aren't bad at all.

14 hours ago, Trailboss75 said:

After 3k mikes I’m gettng 17.1mpg, most of that is city driving.  Love my trailboss, although I wish we had option for color matched grille, I prefer that look.  But I drove an RST with 20” wheels and it was super stiff, the Trailboss rides SOOOO much better! I also thought after market products would love the trailboss, but seems they are focusing on the standard Chevy for now, so disappointed in that aspect. Otherwise love it! 

You must not have much stop n go traffic where you live getting 17 mpg

I have 3000 miles on my Trail Boss and avg about 18 miles to the gallon. On a negative note I noticed water on the back seat after it had rained. Guess it goes in on Monday to have that fixed. The lift on it sucks waiting for BDS to do a suspension lift for it. 

Mine arrived a couple of days ago and I pick it up Monday. I can't wait. I ordered Havana Metallic Brown and is it ever dark. Under cloudy skies its difficult to tell if it is black or not. The one in the pic isn't mine but much the same. I have running boards and bed cover.

IMG_2077.JPG

Edited by Ultra54
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SLC said:

I have 3000 miles on my Trail Boss and avg about 18 miles to the gallon. On a negative note I noticed water on the back seat after it had rained. Guess it goes in on Monday to have that fixed. The lift on it sucks waiting for BDS to do a suspension lift for it. 

One of my old chevys had the same problem with the water. It was actually the brake light up top. Would've never guessed that.

I have duratacs for winter tires on my 16 and it is a love/hate relationship. Was thinking of asking the dealer to swap the duratacs out for a less aggressive tread tire like what comes on the 20 inch rims.

Thoughts?

Might also see if I can get the bottom valence for the front bumper to help with the mpg a little.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The lifts that are out now will work if you remove the GM 2” lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 1:18 PM, SLC said:

Why pay extra for a Trail Boss if you're going to mod the suspension? Seems like a waste of money.

• Like 3

Get the LTZ and have them throw a lift on it from the factory.  You have the option of the 6.2 at that point as well.   I looked at the trail boss and didn't see any advantage except that they had it all packaged and ready to out the door that day for you.   They look incredible but it's just a lift with their wheels.