Any LT Trail Boss Regrets?

7 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Anyone with an LT trail boss having regrets and wish they had purchased an RST?

Tire Noise and MPG Hits?

Poor ride with lift?

What say you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The mpg's blow, other than that I love the truck 

• Like 2

Tire Noise and MPG Hits?

Poor ride with lift?

What say you?

None yet.

I knew what I was getting into as far as ride quality, tire noise, and MPG's. It's a Trail Boss after all! No issues getting to my camp via the logging roads.

Worth it IMO. Only disappointment is no 6.2L option for that trim.

If you're looking for a pavement queen, I'd go RST or HC. Much better road manners.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have 18 inch duratracs on my 16 lt. They do hum a bit and suck some mpg, but the one thing I noticed is when I have them on in the winter they drown out that slight afm v4 noise and any other little rattle. When I put my summer street tires on, I hear the engine afm much more and seem to feel every little bump in the road.

I was not overly impressed with the ride quality of the 19 RST I drove with the 20 inch rims. I think the RST or TB once I put a 300 lb leer cap on the back would be a smooth ride.

The biggest disappointment for me was the price. They sticker for roughly the same as a nicely optioned LTZ, but lack many of the features (power folding mirrors, ventilated seats, etc). Same goes for the RST, but at least there are some pretty aggressive discounts on the RST. The Trail Boss doesn't have any higher discounts than an LTZ or HC, at least around here in NC. 

4 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Tire Noise and MPG Hits?

Poor ride with lift?

What say you?

Zero regrets.  I knew what I was buying and didnt expect the best mpg anyways.  I also swapped out for some more aggressive mud tires so the tire noise doesn't bother me.  Only thing I wish it had was the 6.2L but the 5.3L still gets off the line pretty quick and has ample power.  I guess it all comes down to what you want in a truck.  If you want a smoother ride, better mpgs, no road/tire noise, then go with the RST.  If you want that aggressive look and more off road oriented equipment, then get the Trail Boss.

Edited by z1boss

3 minutes ago, reardiff said:

Curious what MPG you're all getting with the Trail Boss? How far off are we talking from RST?

you don't even want to know what mileage i'm  getting around town, but i'll tell ya anyway.

Living in the burbs with so much stop n go driving I'm getting 11 to 12 mpg

Highway is good if you keep it under 70 , 20 plus mpg

7 minutes ago, towdog333 said:

you don't even want to know what mileage i'm  getting around town, but i'll tell ya anyway.

Living in the burbs with so much stop n go driving I'm getting 11 to 12 mpg

Highway is good if you keep it under 70 , 20 plus mpg

my average fuel mileage would be the same if i didn't have a 15min interstate drive to work every morning lol. Mines the same way though 20+mpg under 70mph easily

Edited by Unclebud87

Anyone towed a travel trailer with a trail boss yet? I have a trail boss for an overnight test drive in my driveway right now. I am 6 ft tall and can barely reach over the bed and it is quite a hop into the bed. That extra 2 inches sure looks good but makes it harder to get stuff out of the bed

Also I will say the ride in the trail boss with the beefy duratacs was louder, but overall way smoother than the 20 inch duellers on the RST I drove. That is a lot of tire to soak up pot holes

• Like 1

After 3k mikes I’m gettng 17.1mpg, most of that is city driving.  Love my trailboss, although I wish we had option for color matched grille, I prefer that look.  But I drove an RST with 20” wheels and it was super stiff, the Trailboss rides SOOOO much better! I also thought after market products would love the trailboss, but seems they are focusing on the standard Chevy for now, so disappointed in that aspect. Otherwise love it!