Any LT Trail Boss Regrets?

I got 20's on my Trailboss. It's a factory option. That gives you the Bridgestones also. Way nicer tire than the the Goodyears. $800 option for the rims and tires. Best decision I ever made
20190325_075841_HDR.thumb.jpg.df1b7183f9b5917691bb65567a295cb7.jpg
I thought about that but I didn't like the 20 in rim design. Figured for the $800 I could just replace the duratacs if they bothered me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I thought about that but I didn't like the 20 in rim design. Figured for the $800 I could just replace the duratacs if they bothered me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Personal preference I guess. I like them. All black wheels were cool a couple years ago, but that has come and gone now I feel. To me the factory 18's are very 2017ish

There's only a couple things I don't like about my truck, no memory seats, no 6.2 and no electronic locker.  Other than that I love it.  When my truck was in the dealership getting worked on they gave me an 18 LTZ Z71 as a loaner, I think my TB rides better and more quite than that LTZ did.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, SLC said:

I have 3000 miles on my Trail Boss and avg about 18 miles to the gallon. On a negative note I noticed water on the back seat after it had rained. Guess it goes in on Monday to have that fixed. The lift on it sucks waiting for BDS to do a suspension lift for it. 

18!?!?!? I just got done with a drive from NC to SC and I barely got over 13 mpg. Told the dealership about it and I’m coming in Monday to get it checked out. I just brought it new it had 7 miles when I got it.

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Floyd said:

18!?!?!? I just got done with a drive from NC to SC and I barely got over 13 mpg. Told the dealership about it and I’m coming in Monday to get it checked out. I just brought it new it had 7 miles when I got it.

Just give it time. 

I'm assuming you have a 5.3?

If so, just give it time

I have a little over 1,900 miles on my LT Z71 and my overall average is 19.0

At the very first it was like 14-15mpg

Yeah I have the 5.3 I wish I had the patience to wait for the 6.2 in the 2020 model but I couldn’t wait ?. It’s my first Chevy. I was a ram guy but ram has honestly fallen apart service and truck wise. But I hope it does start getting better that trip was scary bad on gas. My 2500 got better gas mpg haha.

45 minutes ago, Jonathan Floyd said:

Yeah I have the 5.3 I wish I had the patience to wait for the 6.2 in the 2020 model but I couldn’t wait ?. It’s my first Chevy. I was a ram guy but ram has honestly fallen apart service and truck wise. But I hope it does start getting better that trip was scary bad on gas. My 2500 got better gas mpg haha.

She will. You'll be a very happy camper :)

I was wandering what was going on to my first couple a days. But, honestly I didnt care because I liked her so good lol!

But, she came around just fine. 

• 6 months later...

I have a TB with the 6.2. 840 miles so not broken in fully. Cold here in Maine with winter gas. 

power is amazing. 10 speed is smooth. 

my best 25 mile mpg is 20.2. Best 50 is 17ish. I expect it to get better with more miles and better weather. 

so far this is my favorite all time truck. 

• Like 1

Picked up my Lt Tail Boss  a little over 2 weeks ago.  I haven't been this excited about a vehicle in a long time.

I had a 09 LT, 14 SLT, and a 17 LTZ.

One thing that bothers me just a little is the 18" rims had a little bigger tires on them.   Like maybe 295/70-18.

But I will live.   Can get new tires but why...maybe later.

Really enjoy driving it and the way it looks.   Love the 10 speed trans.  Nearly got the Custom but the head lights were a no go, then looking at what the Lt. had vs. the Custom decided to get the Lt..  Payments was about the same, just longer on the LT.  Worth it now that I have it.   I was driving a 17 LTZ so is a step down but only miss the folding mirrors with blinkers and the vented seats.  Don't miss the leather at all.  

Overall a nice pickup that finally offers things that Chevy has not offered in the past...

Edited by fly53usmc

On 3/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, HondaHawkGT said:

Why pay extra for a Trail Boss if you're going to mod the suspension? Seems like a waste of money.

exactly....if your going to do a lift just get a std model....no sense in wasting money

think some peeps think there is more to TB than there really is......its a 2 in lift and wheels, that's it.....and front grill

I would get LTZ and just lift it....I like black front end as well but not too hard to do, either wrap it or buy one

when I bought my RST the LT TB was 10-15k more easily and I just figured I can do all the stuff I want for a lot cheaper....the custom crossed my mind for about 2 minutes til I saw what it was

in my area they have lots of new silverados with 6 in lifts already installed (pro comp mostly)…...guess what they charge for that lift and wheels? without giving you credit for stock wheels too which you should get.....

buy a std model with options you want and throw wheels and lifts on yourself, plus you can choose whatever you want

Edited by Dunn