Yellow fogs?

has anyone tinted their fog lights yellow or put a yellow bulb in their fogs?

how do you like it? I've read that yellow light cuts through fog better and is easier for our eyes to see.

Id like to see some pictures if you have.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, djw88 said:

how do you like it? I've read that yellow light cuts through fog better and is easier for our eyes to see.

Thanks!

I was reading a post about headlights awhile back and saw someone had put a yellow film over his...Went back through the post and found @Limited360 had done his...PM him if you want to do that...He had a picture up and the fogs were 100% yellow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My daughter bought a used 4runner recently (first car almost on her own) with yellow bulbs in the fogs. Honestly, to me, it looked tacky and she felt the same. When she drove it home, her boyfriend came to see it. He immediately got in his truck, went to the store, bought new bulbs, and threw the yellows away.

I am a huge believer that it's your truck, your money, make yourself happy and that's all that matters. But since you did ask, that's my only experience with yellow fog light bulbs.

When I was messing with Jeeps, I did read on more than one occasion that the higher end yellow bulbs cut through fog better than clear. Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

I put cheap LED bulbs in mine but the output on the fogs is minimal that i dont think it will do anything for fog.

Look into Morimoto fog lights, its one complete unit for $200. Better than any bulb you can put in the factory ones. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djw88 said:

Thanks!

Check Qwank's build thread on his RCSB Z71, he put yellow tint over the factory lights, looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djw88 said:

Thanks!

Picture of his truck, LTZgrille.jpg.420045e4bb72f85f65ff9f64316e0900.jpg

• Like 1

I moved to Canada from the UK, thick fog was a common occurrence there & I found yellow fog lights offered better vision as less light got reflected back.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, djw88 said:

Thanks!

Check out - www.lamin-x com.  I have there tint on my fog lights for the last 3 yrs. 

• Like 1

I have laminix on mine. Took them like 3 tries to send the right ones and when I got them, the fit wasn't all that great, but good enough! I ended up putting them on my wife's SUV and also my friends 6.2L. I love the look of the yellow. Call it rice, JDM, euro, or whatever, but it's more visible during bad weather and also has better contrast against asphalt. I tried looking for yellow LED bulbs to replace the factory ones but just too much work and effort so i went for the film. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, djw88 said:

Did the yellow tint to try it out. 

I like the look so we will see how it performs at night. 

If I don't like it I'm only in it $4.

IMAG1099.jpg

Looks good, nice job!!!

• Like 1