Accessory Trailer Camera

On 26/04/2019 at 3:24 PM, voltedge said:

I work at a GM store and I am looking at getting a new body Silverado and ran across this issue myself. I want the "HD Surround Vision" camera package, but I am finding out that it isn't compatible with the "Accessory Trailer Camera System". I have been researching and the option code for HD Surround Vision is "UV2"(vision 360 view) and that the option code for the Trailering Camera and Rear View system is "UVI"(vision 270 & trailer view). I preliminarily have found that the harness on a particular High Country crew cab truck with the 360 view(UV2) also lists the 270 view(UVI) as an option that it also supports. I am thinking of ordering the correct rear trailer harness receptacle that has the camera ports as shown in the above photos to see if it indeed plugs directly into the truck  harness. If it passes that test, I am going to plug in one of the trailer accessory cameras and see if it actually fires up and works. If you will notice that the receptacle in the photo shows the receptacle to have a port on the left for an interior view trailer camera. If you have been following, that is one of the selling points on the new 2020 HD trucks that have yet to arrive. They are supposed to offer 15 camera views as per the ads. It appears that GM has installed these in the 2019 light duties and I would guess that they will offer upgrades that will support both trailer views in the future with programming and another camera through the accessory division. I will post updates once I test my theory.

any update on this?  Very interested in getting this to work... Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

Question and you guys are the only ones that I can find online with the same issue. I am looking at buying a 2020 2500 HD. It has the advanced trailering package. However, the port only has the normal 4 pin and not the camera one. No one at the dealer understands what I am talking about. Can you guys help. 

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a 2020 Sierra SLT with the Technology Package. It came with the ProGrade trailering system as standard equipment. It has the correct ports on the back of the truck to connect the two auxiliary trailer cameras (one inside, one on the rear of the trailer). It has the "invisible trailer" icon on the camera app on the infotainment system. I was told by the dealer that I could purchase and connect the auxiliary camera, which I have not yet done. My question is about the trailer tire monitors. There were none in my truck. The salesman thought they should have been included. Anybody know if they should have been included?

11 hours ago, robinbit said:

I just purchased a 2020 Sierra SLT with the Technology Package. It came with the ProGrade trailering system as standard equipment. It has the correct ports on the back of the truck to connect the two auxiliary trailer cameras (one inside, one on the rear of the trailer). It has the "invisible trailer" icon on the camera app on the infotainment system. I was told by the dealer that I could purchase and connect the auxiliary camera, which I have not yet done. My question is about the trailer tire monitors. There were none in my truck. The salesman thought they should have been included. Anybody know if they should have been included?

My 2019 SLT premium plus came with the trailer tire pressure sensors. They were in the glove box. 

My 2019 SLT premium plus came with the trailer tire pressure sensors. They were in the glove box. 
Mine were under the rear seat in the storage bin.

If you don't have them, the dealer needs to give you a set.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, robinbit said:

the only way they will be included with  the truck is if they were ordered with the truck. they are a separate $50 option when new. if they aren't on the window sticker they were'n't ordered with it. you will have to buy them or try and talk the dealership into providing them.  the xtra cameras and trailer tpms sensors are a confusing issue, i think the pricing for the options/truck should be adjusted to include them when the correct options are ordered.

i have noticed that alot of early built trucks didn't have the tpms monitors on the window stickers, most of the ones that did had the fifth wheel package ordered. i wonder if there was confusion from the fellas at the dealerships that built the initial orders and they may not have realized they needed to check the box for them, i would bet the longer these trucks are out you may see many more coming with them. like most options, they surely are cheaper with the truck then buying them later. 

forgot to mention there is alot of info about this over in the 2020HD section.  scroll down through you will find 2 or 3 posts . here are the part numbers for the sensors if you need them.   

6 hours ago, jd64 said:

the only way they will be included with  the truck is if they were ordered with the truck. they are a separate $50 option when new. if they aren't on the window sticker they were'n't ordered with it. you will have to buy them or try and talk the dealership into providing them.  the xtra cameras and trailer tpms sensors are a confusing issue, i think the pricing for the options/truck should be adjusted to include them when the correct options are ordered.

i have noticed that alot of early built trucks didn't have the tpms monitors on the window stickers, most of the ones that did had the fifth wheel package ordered. i wonder if there was confusion from the fellas at the dealerships that built the initial orders and they may not have realized they needed to check the box for them, i would bet the longer these trucks are out you may see many more coming with them. like most options, they surely are cheaper with the truck then buying them later. 

Thanks jd64! I called the dealership and told them that there seemed to be some confusion about whether or not the TPMs should have been included but that I wanted them to look into it. They "found" 4 of them and are giving them to me! Really a better outcome than I could have hoped for.

6 hours ago, jd64 said:

forgot to mention there is alot of info about this over in the 2020HD section.  scroll down through you will find 2 or 3 posts . here are the part numbers for the sensors if you need them.   

Thanks Jack. I asked this question on the post you referenced, but I'll ask it again here. Can the TPMs be installed by any tire shop, or should they only be dealer-installed?

58 minutes ago, robinbit said:

Thanks Jack. I asked this question on the post you referenced, but I'll ask it again here. Can the TPMs be installed by any tire shop, or should they only be dealer-installed?

Had my sensors installed at local tire shop, programmed them to the truck myself.

6 hours ago, Ezekiel2517 said:

Can someone clarify how the trailer camera works?  Can I see behind my trailer while driving full time?  Or is it just for a few seconds and has to be done manually like the other camera views while in motion?

You can view behind the trailer continuously.

i bought a 2020 Sierra Denali 2500 HD  with just every option you can get. (sticker was 79,495) it has the ability to monitor 4 TPMS for the trailer but i didn't get any sensors.

can anyone tell me what package includes the TPMS sensors?

i would think if my truck came equipped, i would have got the sensors. if the dealer owes me 4 you can bet your ass ill get them.

thanks!

Mine is similar to yours, but dealer did not add PTT to the build sheet. I got an older set of 4 from ebay for $25. As long as they are 433mhz, they should work.

Optional (and not available on base sierra)

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories
1 - Requires (ZL6) ProGrade Trailering System or (PDQ) Preferred Package.

Edited by sdelam

• 2 weeks later...