Accessory Trailer Camera

Following. There is basically no AT4 stock near me that has the trailer camera package, so hoping I can maybe add it later. I would love this for towing my RV.
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. GM has made it very difficult to add options later.

If you want the cameras you better order one with it already installed to insure you have what you want.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. GM has made it very difficult to add options later.

If you want the cameras you better order one with it already installed to insure you have what you want.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

found that out the hard way too.  There was no trucks with the trailer camera package at any dealers around me, so i thought i could add it after too.  GM salesman even said i could of course...  Brought it in for an oil change and to have the camera added and they said its not possible on these new gen trucks... 

• 2 weeks later...

Best I can tell, at least in my 2019 SLT - the hard wire connections are there..  there is a connector behind the license plate that should be for a camera, and from 3rd hand information it seems the cabling is in the door/mirror for the side view trailering cameras...  so if you can get the cameras, great... what you'd be missing is the programming for the head unit to actually recognize them...  the dealer will most likely *not* do this.  Our only hope is to get somebody like WAMS to program it up for us :)

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, gypsy1962 said:

Thanks!  Appreciate the quick reply.  I'm investigating whether not being able to add this is actually a fact.

Well. I have the package and the camera on my 2020 NHT SLT.  I have a buddy with a 2020 Denali 3/4-ton that has the connection as well - but since his has the 360* cameras, his didn’t come with the separate cam.

I will go see him tomorrow and take my cam and we will just try it out. 

4 minutes ago, fishlessam said:

Ordered a 2020 DENALI CARBON PRO 1500 and dealer said can't get the auxiliary trailer camera option cause of the technology package .This is crazy,you would think because of the technology package you can get the trailer camera option.

Think the dealer led you astray. That was the case for 2019 but my understanding was they changed it for the 2020 trucks...

4 minutes ago, 2019ArkansasSierra said:

Well. I have the package and the camera on my 2020 NHT SLT.  I have a buddy with a 2020 Denali 3/4-ton that has the connection as well - but since his has the 360* cameras, his didn’t come with the separate cam.

I will go see him tomorrow and take my cam and we will just try it out. 

Would be great! Let us know!

I have a 19 HC as well as the trailering aux camera kit and just ordered the connector # that 2kSierra was so kind to provide.  I'll connect the existing tied back camera cable that's already present behind the license plate to the new connector once I receive it.  Then, plug in the aux cam kit I already have and see where things go from there. 

1 minute ago, gypsy1962 said:

I have a 19 HC as well as the trailering aux camera kit and just ordered the connector # that 2kSierra was so kind to provide.  I'll connect the existing tied back camera cable that's already present behind the license plate to the new connector once I receive it.  Then, plug in the aux cam kit I already have and see where things go from there. 

Keep us updated!