Accessory Trailer Camera

Maybe I didn't understand your question.  When you order the truck you can't order the trailer camera package with the technology package, you have to chose one or the other.  The trailer camera package does not have a front camera but does have a provision for an accessory camera that you can install on the back of your trailer.  I don't know if you can install a rear trailer camera on a truck that has the technology package.

• 3 weeks later...

I work at a GM store and I am looking at getting a new body Silverado and ran across this issue myself. I want the "HD Surround Vision" camera package, but I am finding out that it isn't compatible with the "Accessory Trailer Camera System". I have been researching and the option code for HD Surround Vision is "UV2"(vision 360 view) and that the option code for the Trailering Camera and Rear View system is "UVI"(vision 270 & trailer view). I preliminarily have found that the harness on a particular High Country crew cab truck with the 360 view(UV2) also lists the 270 view(UVI) as an option that it also supports. I am thinking of ordering the correct rear trailer harness receptacle that has the camera ports as shown in the above photos to see if it indeed plugs directly into the truck  harness. If it passes that test, I am going to plug in one of the trailer accessory cameras and see if it actually fires up and works. If you will notice that the receptacle in the photo shows the receptacle to have a port on the left for an interior view trailer camera. If you have been following, that is one of the selling points on the new 2020 HD trucks that have yet to arrive. They are supposed to offer 15 camera views as per the ads. It appears that GM has installed these in the 2019 light duties and I would guess that they will offer upgrades that will support both trailer views in the future with programming and another camera through the accessory division. I will post updates once I test my theory.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the rear view mirror camera is functional with a camper shell or if it would be completely blocked?  This is a great feature, but worthless if blocked?  Not trying to highjack this thread but it's camera related....right? 

Given that rear view camera for the mirror is in the middle of the third brake light it is certain that a camper shell of any type is going to block it.

Your only hope would potentially be a shell that somehow relocated that camera from the existing brake light to the back of the shell and that is not very likely to happen. 

14 hours ago, flowbytwo said:

Given that rear view camera for the mirror is in the middle of the third brake light it is certain that a camper shell of any type is going to block it.

Your only hope would potentially be a shell that somehow relocated that camera from the existing brake light to the back of the shell and that is not very likely to happen. 

That would be neat. 

Just saw a camper shell with the brake lights on back of truck. Be neat if you had adapter cable to move or add camera with an extension cable

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:24 PM, voltedge said:

I work at a GM store and I am looking at getting a new body Silverado and ran across this issue myself. I want the "HD Surround Vision" camera package, but I am finding out that it isn't compatible with the "Accessory Trailer Camera System". I have been researching and the option code for HD Surround Vision is "UV2"(vision 360 view) and that the option code for the Trailering Camera and Rear View system is "UVI"(vision 270 & trailer view). I preliminarily have found that the harness on a particular High Country crew cab truck with the 360 view(UV2) also lists the 270 view(UVI) as an option that it also supports. I am thinking of ordering the correct rear trailer harness receptacle that has the camera ports as shown in the above photos to see if it indeed plugs directly into the truck  harness. If it passes that test, I am going to plug in one of the trailer accessory cameras and see if it actually fires up and works. If you will notice that the receptacle in the photo shows the receptacle to have a port on the left for an interior view trailer camera. If you have been following, that is one of the selling points on the new 2020 HD trucks that have yet to arrive. They are supposed to offer 15 camera views as per the ads. It appears that GM has installed these in the 2019 light duties and I would guess that they will offer upgrades that will support both trailer views in the future with programming and another camera through the accessory division. I will post updates once I test my theory.

Keep us posted, this is super interesting and promising...I'd love to add it to my At4 with technology package

11 hours ago, Northeast4050 said:

Keep us posted, this is super interesting and promising...I'd love to add it to my At4 with technology package

Yes please keep us posted as 

I would like to add it also to the technology package if it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Following!  Bought my High Country fully load with the the 360 cameras, UV2 technology package and NHT max tow package.  Dealer won’t sell me the trailering camera package 84580657, bummer with all this tech I’d have to add another monitor just to get a camera view on the rear of my new truck and trailer.!  Also I did get the TPMS if I get them installed will it show pressure when I plug in my trailer and select it?

From what I have read the two packages are either one or the other. I ordered the 2020 with the cameras for the truck and figure I'll use the external 7' monitor on the existing one we use now for the trailer. Thinking about installing two side camera's on the front of the trailer anyway.

Would have been nice to have both camera packages integrated.

My understanding is with the TPMS you get pressure and temperature. Looks like they ship with 4 but you can add up to 6. I was thinking about adding them to the truck spare and trailer spare so I would know if I needed to add air to them also.

Be interesting to find out how it all plays out with this new stuff.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-04-26 at 3:24 PM, voltedge said:

Interested in this as well, any updates if it worked?  Just picked up my 2019 Sierra slt without the technology package or the trailer camera package. Can I simply swap out the trailer plug to the one shown in photos above with camera ports? Would it show up on infotainment screen without any software upgrades/reflashes? Thanks! 

5DF115E8-DBBD-4608-9DB8-19A61BA9EA12.jpeg