2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

going through gm si's i could not find a procedure for flushing the turbo after cooler, newdude if you are reading this could you let me know if gm does this or do they just replace them. i am sure mine has a lot of oil in it

Edited by silveradosid
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bertly83 said:

The light has come back on and stayed on for the last few days. I can't bring it in to the dealer until the 29th, but I put a code reader on it and got: U0285 (lost communication with active grille air shutter actuator 2) 

Lower grille shutter is likely failed.  

22 minutes ago, newdude said:

Lower grille shutter is likely failed.  

Is it ok to drive for another week? probably hurting my fuel economy and making the cooling system work harder?

Is it ok to drive for another week? probably hurting my fuel economy and making the cooling system work harder?

Yes to the first no to the second.  

• Like 1

Had this happen a few weeks ago.

You're fine to drive, but your cooling fans will be on full blast (the computers can't figure out if the shutters are open or closed).

There is a TSB on this. There's a wire that can get pinched and/or water in a connector.

It was less than an hour labor.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paul Beaudet said:

Had this happen a few weeks ago.

You're fine to drive, but your cooling fans will be on full blast (the computers can't figure out if the shutters are open or closed).

There is a TSB on this. There's a wire that can get pinched and/or water in a connector.

It was less than an hour labor.

When i turn the truck off it does sound like the fan was running hard as I can hear it power down more than I normally would. Makes sense.

Considering the amount of rain storms I've been driving through lately maybe it is water related.

I'm glad it is just this. When the check engine light came on my first thought was "this truck isn't even a year old whats happening?".

On 4/17/2024 at 12:11 PM, customboss said:

Thanks for update. On second oil change of Chevron Delo 600 10w30 that has no ZDDP. No oil usage in 3700 miles of use. Total miles on 2.7L 2022 LTD is 53,900. 
You are way over 100,000 right? 
Amsoil PI going on Maverik E15 today to keep injectors clean. 

My work travel schedule has been much lighter in the first third of 2024, compared to the entirety of 2023, so my mileage  is right around 103,500.

• Thanks 1

So i finally got the truck in for the check engine light. they replaced the air shutter, took it for a test drive, and the engine light came back on. They called and said its pulling a different code now (relating to temperature sensor) saying the truck thinks it is -40 degrees outside. 

All I gotta say is... ???

This is my first GM vehicle since 2003. My last vehicle was a Hyundai Tucson that never had these kind of issues 21,000kms in.

Edited by bertly83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bertly83 said:

So i finally got the truck in for the check engine light. they replaced the air shutter, took it for a test drive, and the engine light came back on. They called and said its pulling a different code now (relating to temperature sensor) saying the truck thinks it is -40 degrees outside. 

All I gotta say is... ???

This is my first GM vehicle since 2003. My last vehicle was a Hyundai Tucson that never had these kind of issues 21,000kms in.

Try driving that Tucson in 3' of blowing and drifting snow up here at 10,000' msl ....I have 55,000 miles on my 2022 LTD 2.7L Trail Boss and it has not let me down and I beat the heck out of it.  Get it fixed under warranty and enjoy it.  

• Like 1

So they replaced the air shutter, took it for a test drive and the check engine light came back on.

Now they are getting a new code relating to temperature sensor. They told me they had to order a new ECM. They got one in, tried installing it, said they were unable to program it because it was defective, so ordered another one.

Is this legit or do they not know what they are doing?

thanks fondupot for video on the spark plug. i am at 75k miles and decided to do mine today. did you have black rings around the porcelain , see pics only on 2,3,4. pic of 3 shows black streaks coming up from the base of the plug

20240505_160600.jpg

20240505_160624.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Short term but great offer on BIOSYNTHETIC 5w30 Gonna test it in the Trail Boss.

$3.5/qt for case of 12 free ground shipping on $50 or more. 

Used to consult and test for RLI and they are a fantastic US Farmer family owned business in Ohio. 

I will test with RLI alone and then mix it with the Delo 600 10W30 to get that cold pump flow down in winter here. May experiment with Delo 600 10w30 and Mobil 1 5w30 for same reason. 

Delo has reduced oil usage to less than a qt in 6000 miles. 

RLI flash 448F vs Delo 446F 

For you guys who’ve wanted a high ester oil that meets or exceeds Dexos 1 Gen 3 that’s only reportable chemistry on RLIs SDS is ZDTP here’s the lowest cost deal in the universe for $3.50 a qt because if an overstock issue. 

IMG_8447.thumb.png.557bd35d3fccb126b302725ee042753a.png

Edited by customboss
Add tech data
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, customboss said:

Short term but great offer on BIOSYNTHETIC 5w30 Gonna test it in the Trail Boss.

$3.5/qt for case of 12 free ground shipping on $50 or more. 

Used to consult and test for RLI and they are a fantastic US Farmer family owned business in Ohio. 

I will test with RLI alone and then mix it with the Delo 600 10W30 to get that cold pump flow down in winter here. May experiment with Delo 600 10w30 and Mobil 1 5w30 for same reason. 

Delo has reduced oil usage to less than a qt in 6000 miles. 

RLI flash 448F vs Delo 446F 

For you guys who’ve wanted a high ester oil that meets or exceeds Dexos 1 Gen 3 that’s only reportable chemistry on RLIs SDS is ZDTP here’s the lowest cost deal in the universe for $3.50 a qt because if an overstock issue. 

IMG_8447.thumb.png.557bd35d3fccb126b302725ee042753a.png

RLI has great products.  Looking forward to how it performs.  The price is great and anyone that wants to try it should take advantage of this low price.

• Like 1