Infotainment Brightness

I drove the new truck at night for the first time over the weekend and the infotainment screen was pretty blinding. I tried to poke around to find a brightness setting but all I found was a way to turn it off entirely, which worked for the rest of that trip.

I looked again today and all I found was a day/night mode, which was set to auto. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, relevante said:

I drove the new truck at night for the first time over the weekend and the infotainment screen was pretty blinding. I tried to poke around to find a brightness setting but all I found was a way to turn it off entirely, which worked for the rest of that trip.

I looked again today and all I found was a day/night mode, which was set to auto. Any ideas?

If you're referring to the brightness while in reverse many of us are experiencing issues where, no matter how dim you have the infotainment screen/dash lights set, when shifting into reverse the infotainment goes to maximum brightness (and no its not because the camera is sensitive to light, the screen's backlight itself is going to full brightness). I have messages/calls to GMC customer service but no one has responded.

Actually this was just while driving down the road, but that definitely sounds like something that needs to be addressed. I just haven’t been in the truck at night much yet. It was bright enough to be dangerous in my opinion the other night. Fortunately it sounds like I can just turn it down now that I know how. At least until going into reverse.

1 minute ago, Jmac572 said:

If you're referring to the brightness while in reverse many of us are experiencing issues where, no matter how dim you have the infotainment screen/dash lights set, when shifting into reverse the infotainment goes to maximum brightness (and no its not because the camera is sensitive to light, the screen's backlight itself is going to full brightness). I have messages/calls to GMC customer service but no one has responded.

8 minutes ago, GreenMtnSS said:

Read. The. Manual.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the issue I'm talking about is a defect with the truck, not lack of looking in the manual. This was a problem on the prior generation as well and was addressed with Technical Bulletin #17-NA-269..... Still waiting on a fix for the new generation, apparently the designers forgot this was an issue and regressed back into it.

Edited by Jmac572

Unfortunately the issue I'm talking about is a defect with the truck not lack of looking in the manual.
Fortunately for you, I wasn't addressing your "issue," but that of the OP's.

Just now, GreenMtnSS said:

Fortunately for you, I wasn't addressing your "issue," but that of the OP's.

I guess fortunately for you you're not suffering from the same issue. That's great, move on to the next post.

I guess fortunately for you you're not suffering from the same issue. That's great, move on to the next post.
You're right. I'm not. Because I read the manual. Stay in your lane, bro.

2 minutes ago, GreenMtnSS said:

You're right. I'm not. Because I read the manual. Stay in your lane, bro.

Kindly tell me what page in the manual the adjustment is located to fix the problem of lowering the brightness while in reverse ONLY, "bro". Like I said above, this was a problem on the prior generation addressed by TB #17-NA-269. It continues to be a problem on the new truck and as of yet has not been fixed 

Kindly tell me what page in the manual the adjustment is located to fix the problem of lowering the brightness while in reverse ONLY, "bro". Like I said above, this was a problem on the prior generation addressed by TB #17-NA-269. It continues to be a problem on the new truck and as of yet has not been fixed 
What part of my first reply to YOU do you not understand? You assumed my first post was directed to you. It wasn't. The OP and you are not having the same "issue." I didn't address you, until you replied to me. So yeah, stay in your lane BRO!

• 9 months later...

I have a 2018 2500HD Custom,  basically a modifed W/T with the 7" infotainment display, my truck 1 out of 2 times at night does not dim with the cluster and dash lights it stays full brightness, when I adjust the dash brightness with the potentiometer  the infotainment display does not dim as it should, I have to soft reset the radio pressing home and Right arrow for 7 seconds and it works fine again.  It is extremely annoying and bright, I brought it to the dealer last week, they had it for 2 days and there Senior Tech said nothing is wrong with it, and that night after leaving the dealer if failed again.  The dealer doesn't have a clue on this or couldn't be bothered about it.  Anyone else with this 7" version infotainment have issues, this is a differenet set up than the 8" version in the LS and up.

My '19 IOS radio an upgrade in the Convenience II package dims to a perfectly fine level of brightness while still keeping the cluster adequately lighted. The (-) button progressively dims it and the (+) brightens it.