Nice gains with GM performance upgrades

I  own  a 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 with the 6.2l motor. I recently purchased the general motors performance power package Which consists of a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. General motors claims 15 hp with this set up. 

Stock

0 to 60 mph.....5.8 seconds

upgrades...........5.59  seconds

stock

1/8 mile.....9.2 sec @76 mph

upgrades....8.99 @ 78.8 mph

stock 

1/4 mile........14.15 @96.5 mph

upgrades.......14.0 @99.0 mph

E4944F1A-A1A8-4019-A1A8-D0FFBF3CE878.jpeg

• Like 2

I really wouldn't call them nice gains, 1-3 tenths of a second can differ from each run with out any changes. The 15 extra HP claims are at WOT and that little gain if that wont make a difference. All that bolt on stuff is nothing but eye and ear candy, makes you sound like your going quicker but your really not.

• Like 1

Way back in 2014 GM handed 5.3 owners that kind of gains by simply adding E-85. A tune can add that type of gains much cheaper. I know you can jeopardize your warranty with a tune. Horsepower is Horsepower, what’s the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately a tune can’t add any gains at this point, and when people do finally break into these ECMs, it’s going to cost way more than what the intake and exhaust package go for.

0-60 in 5.6 with a “stock”, factory lifted, factory warrantied pickup truck... with a normal Joe Shmoe behind the wheel... is pretty damned impressive.

15hp certainly won’t be easily noticeable by the seat of your pants but it should be good to consistently shave at least a tenth off to 60.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

C-4's would get smoked by this truck...How much does this truck weigh?  Drag coefficient?  Ridiculous numbers if you ask me for lifted truck from the factory?  I mean it's a truck?

Edited by mookdoc6

Car companies have figured out that plumbing sounds into their vehicles pleases the customer. If the person feels like it faster and sounds better it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, Boombastic said:

I  own  a 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 with the 6.2l motor. I recently purchased the general motors performance power package Which consists of a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. General motors claims 15 hp with this set up. 

Stock

0 to 60 mph.....5.8 seconds

upgrades...........5.59  seconds

stock

1/8 mile.....9.2 sec @76 mph

upgrades....8.99 @ 78.8 mph

stock 

1/4 mile........14.15 @96.5 mph

upgrades.......14.0 @99.0 mph

E4944F1A-A1A8-4019-A1A8-D0FFBF3CE878.jpeg

Hi, quick question, did you have to do any type of programing after installing the new intake? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Trailboss LT said:

Hi, quick question, did you have to do any type of programing after installing the new intake? 

Thanks

yea the GMC on comes with a free reflash of the ECU thats included in the price of the kit.  There's a decal in the box on the install book that includes a labor code and special number that the GMC dealer needs to punch in their system to authorize the free flash.

I haven't done my reflash, haven't noticed any change or had any caution lights come on. 

On a side note... I have a new in box GM exhaust for sale.  2019 6.2 crewcab shortbed / double cab reg bed willing to also do a combo deal with my GM intake as I plan to possibly remove it.  

Reading this topic we must have a lot of GM engineers in this forum because they sure seem to know everything. If GM feels the need to include a tune with the CAI, there must be a need for it cause it ai’t free. They say a 13% air flow increase, that seems reasonable. Gains from a free flowing exhaust seem feasible too. An engine is just a big air pump, improve air flow you will get gains even if they are modest. With a tune being unavailable this time, modding the CAI and exhaust are about all you can do and maintain warranty. I applaud the OP for documenting the change and thank him for the info. For all you nay sayers that are so smart I dare you to PROVE him wrong with your time and money or shut the hell up.

• Like 4