Bad Reception Antenna solution found

2014 Sierra SLT

My reception was pretty bad in certain spots with certain stations. I had these dead spots during my commute that would get nothing but full static or 75% static to the point where i had to change the channel or just turn the damn thing off.

I was at walmart buying oil and saw this antenna  and said what the heck, i'll just return it if this one doesnt work as well. I had tried couple other antennas before and it was worse than stock.

Let me tell you, this thing got me full HD signal even in those dead zones, i was amazed! Its a soft mast crappy feeling universal antenna that is $9 but this thing works!!

Give it a try. I used the bigger universal mount that gets tightened with screws to the original mount. I didnt use the cable or anything else.

Figured i share since i know how frustration it was to have crappy reception. We will see how it will hold up against the car wash later this week.

• 5 months later...
Looks butt ugly, and yet I just ordered it.. lol. If it helps get better reception..
Lol sure does. I changed it for another one and my reception isn't as good but looks better. 1067da59e03184a8049a2a8f87e55b5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

But the other one works better right?  And your new one isnt as good as the old one but is it still better than factory?  I did the 2.5 module upgrade so I have a new radio module, new hmi,  denali cluster, and a full jl audio vxi amps and focal yellow speakers. And still the radio sucks. So it has to be the antenna wire from the radio and or the antenna itself. I did swap the antenna from a brand new 18 silverado and it was no help.. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, Ozer said:

2014 Sierra SLT

My reception was pretty bad in certain spots with certain stations. I had these dead spots during my commute that would get nothing but full static or 75% static to the point where i had to change the channel or just turn the damn thing off.

Let me tell you, this thing got me full HD signal even in those dead zones.

So^^^ this was with stock antenna???  As long as it's better than stock, I'm ok with it.

So^^^ this was with stock antenna???  As long as it's better than stock, I'm ok with it.

Yes it was better for certain spots and as same in others. Try it out, it's all trial and error with these things till you find one that works for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha yes it is flappy but reception for me was improved. Like I said, it's a trial and error thing till you find one that works best. I tried 4 I think so far