Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, Thejet07 said:

So is it only happening to the aam ones or both? If both, why only the bulletin for one? And if they’re replacing the gm ones why not replace the aam with the gm’s instead of wasting customers time going back and forth? Mine is in the shop now for it but I don’t know which diff I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any update on the dealership fixing yours for this issue? If so, what did they do to fix it?

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

No updates yet. Waiting to here from them.

Just from a quick observation, it looks like most of everyone that is having this problem has either an RST, LTZ, LT (non TB), or High Country... I haven't seen any TrailBoss with the issue... I wonder if the 2 inch lift that comes on the TB (comes with different Axles) would cure the issue.

Edited by Aycock1987
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Aycock1987 said:

New dude, where did you find this info? 

It’s an internal GM memo to dealers. Not really meant for public eyes.

Edited by ILSilverado

Just got a call from the dealership and they said they’re not going to fix it as of gm. I guess I fall into that category. Anyway, just like others have mentioned gm is trying to figure it out and then the fix will be made.

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

Just got a call from the dealership and they said they’re not going to fix it as of gm. I guess I fall into that category. Anyway, just like others have mentioned gm is trying to figure it out and then the fix will be made.

Now its time to file for a buyback. No Fix is breach of warranty. Trying to figure out isn't getting your truck to perform as designed. Who knows how long its going to take them to come up with a fix?? Protect yourself get your BBB paperwork started soon.

Edited by ILSilverado

2 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

This pisses me off. Did they say that they are still working on a fix and then they would fix it?

Let’s put some common sense into the equation. If the GM branded units were ok, then they would already have the fix right?GM knows something. Otherwise, the letter would have read, all parts to fix this is on national B/O and estimate units available Xxx date. 

Yes, protect yourself. But, keep in mind this from a voice of experience. During negotiations with large corporations they like to keep a low profile and are normally willing to pony up for a strong confidentiality agreement. Maybe an upgraded or more units, reduced or eliminated use adjustments. Just be sure that you extract value for that agreement. 

My question is what’s the difference with early builds to newer builds? Was there already something noticed in early production that made them change things? Or, are the newer builds likely to develop this problem as well?

2 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

My question is what’s the difference with early builds to newer builds? Was there already something noticed in early production that made them change things? Or, are the newer builds likely to develop this problem as well?

Get a replacement with the newest build possible. Whats the worst that could happen, you get a brand new unit and it starts chirping again BUT they already said they are working on a fix so at least you get a newer unit for your trouble and in the end maybe 6 months down the road they come up with permanent a fix.

Edited by ILSilverado

I agree with you but I’ve already had several problems with my truck. They had to replace my steering column, infotainment system, some outside moldings, had a leaking master cylinder, and still have unaddressed brake issues. For a 50k that I’ve owned for 2/12 months I’d say there’s a problem. Especiall, when I know that I’m paying for a truck that still will not be fixed and no time frame in sight. I opened up a case today for a replacement.

• Thanks 1