Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

To the guys with this issue. Besides the noise, are you having other symptoms like vibrations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Just the noise. 

Probably a coincidence. They just rotated my tires and I’m feeling some vibes. Anyway, I went out to my truck because I’ve been hearing some noises and someone sent me this thread. Same exact thing. My passenger side is pretty tight. Drivers side is just like limelight’s video. What is that specific part called? Is that the cv axle? Thanks all. I hope I finally get my truck fixed.

7 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Probably a coincidence. They just rotated my tires and I’m feeling some vibes. Anyway, I went out to my truck because I’ve been hearing some noises and someone sent me this thread. Same exact thing. My passenger side is pretty tight. Drivers side is just like limelight’s video. What is that specific part called? Is that the cv axle? Thanks all. I hope I finally get my truck fixed.

Yes CV axle. 

1 hour ago, ILSilverado said:

So the Truck is back and so far no noise at all. Let's hope it stays that way. Will post updates .

Hope I have the same outcome.  Hoping for the best. Congrats!!  Just wish GM would split my payment this month since it's been being worked on more than not.  Lol

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 2:34 PM, lworley said:

Just got a call from my service department and they said my truck was the first one that had a new differential put in that didn’t fix the issue. They are replacing the differential a second time and we will go from there. I know our service department is trying to fix it I’m just afraid the new one will do the same. 

I was told for some reason the bearing is not being held into place properly within the differential housing. This is what is causing the half shaft lash and noise. This is a supplier issue GM does not make the differentials Eaton does.

Edited by ILSilverado

There is a defect in these silverado's I have a 2019 Z71 6.2L LTZ now being bought back by GM I've had different dealers look at it with no resolution. Had the problem right away first day I drove it. I hve been without my truck for 50 day's and counting. I give up. I loved this truck too!! 

33 minutes ago, David Cantara said:

There is a defect in these silverado's I have a 2019 Z71 6.2L LTZ now being bought back by GM I've had different dealers look at it with no resolution. Had the problem right away first day I drove it. I hve been without my truck for 50 day's and counting. I give up. I loved this truck too!! 

By all means Google the BBB autoline and file for a buy back. Usually most states demand replacement or a refund at just 30 days out of service. Get going!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So we need a new front differential and the cv axles replaced?

I don’t think my axles needed replacement .

22 hours ago, ILSilverado said:

By all means Google the BBB autoline and file for a buy back. Usually most states demand replacement or a refund at just 30 days out of service. Get going!

He said in his post it’s being bought back by GM.

18 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Ohh boy now I’m confused. I thought the fix was the cv going into the diff. So you’re saying it’s the diff replacement is the fix. I have an appt for the 29th. I want to go in ready for them

Yes the cv half shafts are moving because of a bad bearing in the front differential allowing them to shift north and south. It’s a differential issue.

Edited by ILSilverado

Im told by a friend that this issue only affects the AAM built axles and not the GM built and designed axles. Like someone already said, it's a clearance issue between the stub shaft and the center pin. It goes away in auto or 4x4 because you lock the front axle and all of thos components spin together at the same speed. They spin independently when unlocked which causes the shaft to rub and the noise. They are working on a fix for these axles. He also said they axle assembly replacement is hit or miss. 

• Thanks 1

I have had my truck for 8 months and have had 5 major components replaced to figure out this noise... Axle, Differential, Exhaust, Brakes, and then Transfer-case (not in any order). The only thing that fixed it was the replacement of the transfer-case... It only fixed it for about 1,000 miles and the noise returned. I am fed up with it and am in the middle of GM buying my truck back.

I am wondering if the build date has anything to do with it. My truck was built in September 2018. I've driven several other 2019's as a loaner vehicle which did not make the noise.

Edited by Aycock1987
  • Like 1