Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

I was told today that the noise is normal and that if there was anything out there it would have a bulletin on it if a field manager had found something wrong. They kept my truck again and they have no idea of what to do to fix it or if they even will be able to in the future. 

2 hours ago, lworley said:

I was told today that the noise is normal and that if there was anything out there it would have a bulletin on it if a field manager had found something wrong. They kept my truck again and they have no idea of what to do to fix it or if they even will be able to in the future. 

The noise is not normal. Can you see if your driveshaft is loose like the video I posted earlier in this thread?  I’m positive that’s the noise now. 

It's identical to the one in your video.  That's what I was told was normal.  They have opened a case with GM and hope that they make some progress.  All my Ford owner friends are ruthlessly making fun of my new truck.  

9 minutes ago, Limelight said:

The noise is not normal. Can you see if your driveshaft is loose like the video I posted earlier in this thread?  I’m positive that’s the noise now. 

Meant to quote instead of new post.

It's identical to the one in your video.  That's what I was told was normal.  They have opened a case with GM and hope that they make some progress.  All my Ford owner friends are ruthlessly making fun of my new truck. 

50 minutes ago, lworley said:

Meant to quote instead of new post.

That blows. The noise is driving me nuts man!!!

ha. We will figure it out eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Limelight said:

That blows. The noise is driving me nuts man!!!

ha. We will figure it out eventually. 

Just got a call from my service department and they said my truck was the first one that had a new differential put in that didn’t fix the issue. They are replacing the differential a second time and we will go from there. I know our service department is trying to fix it I’m just afraid the new one will do the same. 

I would demand to know what the backlash clearance is supposed to be on that shaft. Also, you are banging exterior metal. Looks like that aluminum piece is hitting the case. Why is the yoke so rusty?

21 hours ago, lworley said:

Just got a call from my service department and they said my truck was the first one that had a new differential put in that didn’t fix the issue. They are replacing the differential a second time and we will go from there. I know our service department is trying to fix it I’m just afraid the new one will do the same. 

So I just got a call from my Dealer and they said its FIXED. Like Limelight was showing in his video the cause of the sound is from excessive shaft play from the differential on the drivers side. They said after installing the new diff and half shaft its now tight as a drum and chirp free. Said the root cause is, some diff units might have some bad castings. I will keep you all posted in the weeks ahead. Limelight was spot on.

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

I would demand to know what the backlash clearance is supposed to be on that shaft. Also, you are banging exterior metal. Looks like that aluminum piece is hitting the case. Why is the yoke so rusty?

That rusty part im told is new to the 2019 trucks and is called a Slinger. It's put there to protect the differential and driveline seals from flying muck. It is also the cause of some of the "jingle jingle jingle" as Limelight puts it because its almost bell shaped and sort or "rings" when that loose shaft bounces in and out.

Edited by ILSilverado

2 hours ago, Chevy sad said:

Yea!! Glad you got it fixed!! You are the official front drive GM lab rat. 

Short castings? Wow, seems like a major quality control issue.   

Dude the constant trolling is old. You sold your “Sad Chevy” so move on and enjoy your Ford. Really-  head on over to that Forum and enjoy your truck and let us enjoy ours.

Every brand has problems. Get over it.

BTW. Congratulations on being the very first member on here to join my ignore list. See ya. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

To the guys with this issue. Besides the noise, are you having other symptoms like vibrations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a slight vibration but I think its from the DFM when its in 4cly mode. I'm waiting for the Range eliminator it should be on the market for our trucks soon. It forces full time 8cly mode as well as ditches auto start stop. I have it on my Corvette and it works flawlessly plug and play to the obd2 port.

https://rangetechnology.com/

Edited by ILSilverado