Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

4 hours ago, newdude said:

Okay all you jinglers and janglers...

Hot off yesterday's press: 

This ONLY APPLIES TO TRUCKS WITH RPO CODE SU4 Front Differential, which are the AAM supplied 8" front differential. 

Woo Hoo! Well this pretty much opens it up to a non conformity buy back since no official repair is available. I owe you a great big kiss!   "JINGLE"!!! LOL tell me GM isnt in this forum on a daily basis.

Edited by ILSilverado

13 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

Woo Hoo! Well this pretty much opens it up to a non conformity buy back since no repair is available. I owe you a great big kiss!

Repair is coming per the PI. 

14 minutes ago, newdude said:

Repair is coming per the PI. 

Makes no difference as long as 30 days pass after the problem is reported to GM. It could be 6 months before they come up with a fix. Most lemon laws state a permanent fix for any non conformity must be performed within 30 days. I'm going on 25 days now. The key is the last line "When a Repair is Available"

Edited by ILSilverado

32 minutes ago, Chevy sad said:

Maybe the Salvation Army will buy they from Chevy for their x-mas collections. 

Why are you still here trolling along? Pretty sure I’ve only seen your input on this thread and you’re already annoying. Go be a Ford guy somewhere else.

• Like 2

So dealership called today. Service writer was fully clear on what’s being replaced but did say he definitely knows it’s half shaft which is on backorder. I hope this fixes it. I want to put a level and block and I do t want to hear them say that was the cause. You know dealerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Saturday I listened to the ringing bell for about 6.5 hrs on my trip, and to say the least....it was very annoying!!  I just checked my build sheet and I have the SU4 - AXLE FRT! 

From what I've read here, it starts happening after it has warmed up good, so today I'll take it for an extended drive and see if I can get it to do it. If I can then I'll swing by my dealer and give them this info and see if I can take a tech for a ride.

=================

Info from my Build Sheet:

Model: CK10543-2019 SILVERADO 1500 4WD CREW CAB

Build Date: 08/27/2018

Build Plant: Z

SU4 - AXLE FRT
L87 - ENGINE, 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT

24 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

Last Saturday I listened to the ringing bell for about 6.5 hrs on my trip, and to say the least....it was very annoying!!  I just checked my build sheet and I have the SU4 - AXLE FRT! 

From what I've read here, it starts happening after it has warmed up good, so today I'll take it for an extended drive and see if I can get it to do it. If I can then I'll swing by my dealer and give them this info and see if I can take a tech for a ride.

=================

Info from my Build Sheet:

Model: CK10543-2019 SILVERADO 1500 4WD CREW CAB

Build Date: 08/27/2018

Build Plant: Z

SU4 - AXLE FRT
L87 - ENGINE, 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT

They just issued a stop fix bulletin on May 29th for this issue. look in this thread around page 6. It states more or less that GM is working on a fix but its not officially out yet and dealers should stop trying to repair it until they release the fix.

Edited by ILSilverado

WOW I have had the same issue, first they said transfer case, then rubber boot, and then differential, then the one (differential) they replaced came back with noise worse than before, after warm up rotating noise..  trippy!  I have had this problem from day one of ownership.  I'll be sure to book mark this thread see how many others are out there. I am currently still waiting on fix for this issue.

• Like 1

I would like to know everyone's build date... you can find it on a gray sticker when you open the driver door. I would like to think that most of the trucks that are having this issue have a build date from 2/2019 and earlier... reason I believe this is because I own a truck built in 08/2018 and have been driving a loaner truck that was built in 04/2019 that isn't making this noise.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:27 PM, newdude said:

Okay all you jinglers and janglers...

Hot off yesterday's press: 

This ONLY APPLIES TO TRUCKS WITH RPO CODE SU4 Front Differential, which are the AAM supplied 8" front differential. 

New dude, where did you find this info?