Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

28 minutes ago, Bikeman said:

Thx got it. I dont yhe listed rpo axle codes so I guess I am good.

Are you experiencing this issue? Also, what is your build date on your truck?

I am having the same issues for my truck as well. I have it in for the second time, this time is at 18 days currently. They are "working" with GM engineering on the issue and I have already opened a claim for a replacement with Chevy. On Friday they received the replacement CV axle which they believe is causing the issue. After installing they informed me it is still hitting in the same point the original one was. They drove it for a few mins and said there wasn't a noise, which is normal since the noise doesn't start until after 15 mins of straight driving. They said they are aware that its not fixed but GM has told them to wait because an appropriate fix isn't ready yet. I have another issue where there is a bad rattle in my dash behind the glove box they still haven't addressed yet either. The dealership wanted me to pick up my truck, knowing its not done yet. I told them I am not comfortable with that and don't want it back if its not fixed, especially since they haven't fixed the dash rattle yet. I am not happy at all. I have a follow up call with the Sr Adviser that is helping with my case. These new further frustrations from yesterday will definitely be relayed. At this point I just want a replacement truck. I don't want this one with the multiple issues and it being taken apart and put back together several times, with more to come since its not closed to be fixed yet. The worst part is I am continuing to pay for this truck that is not in my possession at all. 

Edited by The Tos

22 minutes ago, The Tos said:

I am having the same issues for my truck as well. I have it in for the second time, this time is at 18 days currently. They are "working" with GM engineering on the issue and I have already opened a claim for a replacement with Chevy. On Friday they received the replacement CV axle which they believe is causing the issue. After installing they informed me it is still hitting in the same point the original one was. They drove it for a few mins and said there wasn't a noise, which is normal since the noise doesn't start until after 15 mins of straight driving. They said they are aware that its not fixed but GM has told them to wait because an appropriate fix isn't ready yet. I have another issue where there is a bad rattle in my dash behind the glove box they still haven't addressed yet either. The dealership wanted me to pick up my truck, knowing its not done yet. I told them I am not comfortable with that and don't want it back if its not fixed, especially since they haven't fixed the dash rattle yet. I am not happy at all. I have a follow up call with the Sr Adviser that is helping with my case. These new further frustrations from yesterday will definitely be relayed. At this point I just want a replacement truck. I don't want this one with the multiple issues and it being taken apart and put back together several times, with more to come since its not closed to be fixed yet. The worst part is I am continuing to pay for this truck that is not in my possession at all. 

What is your build date on your truck?

7 minutes ago, The Tos said:

I am not sure. I'd say ill check my truck but....... is there another way to check?

The only way I know is in the door jam or calling dealer. I’m convinced that most of the trucks having this issue have a build date of 01/19 and earlier. All trucks I’ve driven 02/19 or newer haven’t done it from my experience

Edited by Aycock1987

2 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

The only way I know is in the door jam or calling dealer. I’m convinced that most of the trucks having this issue have a build date of 01/19 and earlier. All trucks I’ve driven 02/19 or newer haven’t done it from my experience

It would make sense that my build date would be before 01/19. I got my truck at the end of 02/19. Anyone have much experience with having GM buyback a vehicle?

3 hours ago, The Tos said:

It would make sense that my build date would be before 01/19. I got my truck at the end of 02/19. Anyone have much experience with having GM buyback a vehicle?

I've never had a vehicle bought back. I have been a dealership tech for years and dealt with unhappy customers alot. And tbo we want the cars bought back...so the unhappy people go away. Lol That said manufacturers fight tooth and nail against it. Most the time the dealers trade them into a new vehicle...at a loss no doubt. 

I have experience with a buyback/repurchase. It’s a nightmare. I bought a 2018 f150 and had nothing but trouble from day one. I decided never to deal with ford again and switched over to Chevy. Looks like I just have bad luck. Biggest thing is document everything. Make sure all your repair orders are correct. Even if they fix something small get a repair order for it. Bottom line, if you fall under all your lemon law requirements theyre still going to try and fight hoping the customer will back down. FYI, my chevys build date is 10/18. Dealer told me this morning about the tsb and that there’s no fix. Look up your lemon law. Many states say the manufacturers have a certain time frame to make good in repair. Dealership must first be notified and have seven days to comply. If they refuse(in our case because there’s no fix) a certified letter explaining the issue and refusal must be sent to corporate. They have 20 days to commence repair from receipt of letter. If repair is not made they are required by law to repurchase. Here is a sample letter to be sent to manufacturer:

d1b4013a6c55811520fd9591a0aacc9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I have experience with a buyback/repurchase. It’s a nightmare. I bought a 2018 f150 and had nothing but trouble from day one. I decided never to deal with ford again and switched over to Chevy. Looks like I just have bad luck. Biggest thing is document everything. Make sure all your repair orders are correct. Even if they fix something small get a repair order for it. Bottom line, if you fall under all your lemon law requirements theyre still going to try and fight hoping the customer will back down. FYI, my chevys build date is 10/18. Dealer told me this morning about the tsb and that there’s no fix. Look up your lemon law. Many states say the manufacturers have a certain time frame to make good in repair. Dealership must first be notified and have seven days to comply. If they refuse(in our case because there’s no fix) a certified letter explaining the issue and refusal must be sent to corporate. They have 20 days to commence repair from receipt of letter. If repair is not made they are required by law to repurchase. Here is a sample letter to be sent to manufacturer:

d1b4013a6c55811520fd9591a0aacc9c.jpg

What is “tsb”

I don’t know what they did but my noise is much much louder since I picked up my truck. I had my radio replaced and I now notice a strange hum in my dash. The saga continues.

About the fix, they’re gonna eventually figure it out. There’s just no time frame right now.